Author Topic: Marriage look up please st peters church  (Read 9378 times)

Offline brinjac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage look up please st peters church
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 December 10 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Pegassus

I have carried out a comprehensive study of the descendants of JOHN DUFFY and have Census records 1841-1911.

I should be interested to know where you fit into the DUFFY tree.

brinjac

Offline Pegasuss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 December 10 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Brian.

My Mothers Parents were:

William James WRIGHT & Mary Elizabeth EDWARDS

Mary Elizabeth EDWARDS Parents:

John EDWARDS & Sarah Ellen CRITCHLEY

Sarah Ellen CRITCHLEYs Parents:

James CRITCHLEY & Elizabeth DUFFY

Elizabeth DUFFYs was the Firstborn of:

James DUFFY & Jane OWENS

James DUFFY was the Firstborn( I think) of:

Edward & Elizabeth DUFFY (Both Born Ireland)

Children of Edward & Elizabeth:

James Born C1816, Liverpool
John    Born C1820, ?(on 1841 Census= Not Born in County)
Sarah  Born C1822, Liverpool
Edward  Born C1826, Liverpool
William  Born C1828, Liverpool
Joseph  Born C1830, Liverpool
Elizabeth Born C1832, Liverpool

I will p.m. My email address so that we can share further Info!
Hertzberger, Highton, Walker, Eaton, Webster, Brown, Wright, Speed, Dodd, Holland, Melling, Murphy, Edwards, Bennett, Collins, Critchley, Duffy, Owens, Morgan & Humphreys

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline brinjac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 December 10 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Peter

I am the eldest son of JOHN DUFFY,

who was the eldest son of JOHN JAMES DUFFY,

who was the eldest son of JOSEPH DUFFY,

who was the eldest son of JOHN DUFFY,

who, I thought, was the eldest son of EDWARD DUFFY.

Now you've gone and spoiled it. :)

It appears that EDWARD and ELIZABETH came from Ireland to Liverpool, then sailed to America, where John was born, then sailed back to Liverpool, where the rest of the family were born.

By 1851, apart from JAMES and JOHN, the family have disappeared once more.

Brian

Offline pmrasn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm relatively new to this, but I'm looking for any info for Edward Duffy & Elizabeth Duffy (nee Martin?).  I'm trying to trace my Irish roots and would really love to find out where in Ireland they were from, or at least a ballpark.

My mother is Elizabeth Duffy (maiden name)
->daughter of Robert J. Duffy (b 1917)
->son of Joseph John Duffy (b 1886)
->son of James E Duffy (b 1865)
->son of Joseph J Duffy (b 1830)
->son of Edward Duffy (b 1791)

Any information anybody could provide to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Joybren

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 June 11 06:16 BST (UK) »
Hello brinjac, not sure if this info. is helpful but around 1849 Cholera was very prevelant around Liverpool, Eldon St. being I think around Toxteth Park, oneof the worse areas...See Liverpool Journal November 14th 1849 "A walk through the cholera districts of Liverpool" I am also a Duffy maybe even related as Eldon St. is also where Thomas Duffy 1801 Ireland and Mary with their children lived...There are a few Duffys around Toxteth Park and I feel sure they perhaps are all related...still trying to find that out.  My Duffys cam to Liverpool around th 1840's (potato famine) so times were though for these immigrant families....Thomas seemed to do a few things, coal dealer and marine store....maybe check burials for T.P around the 1849's...I am at last going to go to Liverpool and Ireland and see if I can find out anymore on my Duffy clan...best of luck Bren from New Zealand

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 June 11 11:27 BST (UK) »
Bren from NZ
Welcome to the forum.  On a point of geography, Eldon Street is not Toxteth Park area, but  further north between Vauxhall Road and Scotland Road, in what is now referred to as Vauxhall.  Not the best of areas, but much rebuilt and improved today.
A

Offline bligh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 June 12 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi all. I am new to this board, but have been occasionally tracing my roots and have made some progress. My late father was Edward Duffy. I traced his father (John) right back to the John Duffy born America. His father and mother being Edward Duffy born Ireland 1791 and his wife Elizabeth born about 5 years later also in Ireland. They lived in Eldon Street Liverpool. The John Duffy born America became a boilermaker. He moved to Birkenhead with his wife Ellen (nee Jackson). They lived in Carpenters Row with their family. His son John (my great grandfather) was also a boiler maker, He passed the trade on to his son John Duffy who married Mary Mullen. They were my grandfather, John Duffy's parents. John (my grandfather), born in Holt terrace Birkenhead married Catherine Sullivan. They had 8 surviving children and lived in Neston Street, Birkenhead. Their house was destroyed during the blitz.
Edward Duffy born in Ireland 1791 would appear to have been a draper. In 1851 one of their children, Joseph born 1830 emigrated to New York and he too had a family. I am beginning to wonder if John and Elizabeth went to join him or perhaps went back to Ireland. But I doubt it.
Obviously there are folk posting on this thread who are from the same bloodline as yours truly. So i would be interested in hearing from any of you. Thanks for reading this.

Offline brinjac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 June 12 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am sure we are all related in some way.  I am also directly descended from John Duffy and Ellen Jackson.  Their son Joseph is my great grandfather.  He married Elizabeth McCormick and their eldest son John James is my grandfather.

I have done considerable research into this Duffy family and have loads of information to share.

My email address is (*) if you want to get in touch.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline bligh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 09 June 12 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am sure we are all related in some way.  I am also directly descended from John Duffy and Ellen Jackson.  Their son Joseph is my great grandfather.  He married Elizabeth McCormick and their eldest son John James is my grandfather.

I have done considerable research into this Duffy family and have loads of information to share.

My email address is (*) if you want to get in touch.

Wow, that was quick Brian and Jacqui. It's a bit late now, so i will be in touch tomorrow. Hopefully you might be able to solve a mystery for me that has been a mystery in my father's family for a hundred years. Thanks for replying so quickly.