Author Topic: Is there an Irish connection part two  (Read 1391 times)

Offline northernsearcher

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is there an Irish connection part two
« on: Monday 24 May 10 19:44 BST (UK) »
Can anyone explain why people appear and then disappear?  I am still trying to track the Mullaneys who are being very elusive.  With help from roots web people I have found some records for Robert Alfred Mullaney's ancestors.  His father, also Robert Alfred was born in Milton, Sittingbourne, Kent.  All his siblings, bar one, were born in and around Plymouth where his father was based.  I sent for R A Snr's marriage certificate and his father's marriage certificate.  R A senior's  father was Patrick Mullaney born about 1836, his occupation, on his marriage cert. is given as Private in the --? Queens Royal Regiment.  It lists his father as John Mullaney, ---something? maker (master) Dublin Ireland.  One of Patrick's children was born in Elizabeth Cork.  Which I take to be Fort Elizabeth in Cork which was an army barracks but I am not sure if I am right about this.  So the question is how do I discover where the Mulllaneys came from?  I now know there is an Irish connection but how do I persue it?