Author Topic: John Taylor  (Read 7363 times)

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Taylor
« Reply #9 on: Monday 31 May 10 04:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

The link for Saskatchewan Vital Statistics is http://www.isc.ca/VitalStats/Pages/default.aspx

I believe the certificates from Saskatchewan are quite expensive (around $50) and I'm not sure they contain all that much information.  My mother was born in Saskatchewan in 1913 and I don't think her parents' names were on the copy of the birth certificate that she had....unfortunately, I can't remember where I put it so can't confirm that information.  

The link for the Saskatchewan Genealogy Society is http://www.saskgenealogy.com/
They may be able to provide some information about certificates.

Regards,
Susan

Offline justin11

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 July 10 07:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Anna,
             John Taylor is my Late grandfather. I would love to help you try and find out some info on his parents and grandparents. My knowledge is pretty limited but I will ask around. My Mother is Margaret Rose Giddings, maiden name Taylor who is a sibling of John and Phyllis Taylor.

I am curious where you fit into the family tree Anna?

Justin Taylor Giddings :)

Offline jaimelei

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 July 10 13:08 BST (UK) »
Since the info on the death record would be supplied by an informant (maybe his wife or children) and the family in Australia quite possibly never met the family in Canada, it's possible that info is off.
Do you know where/when he married Phyllis? His marriage certificate might give different info.

(Although I see on the QLD bmd site his father's name only as "Stephen", no Norman, do you have the original?)

hi, im also a decendant of this john taylor!! phyliss taylor (nee ballin) is my great nana...she lives down the road from me!!....the only info on the marriage certificate is he was born in estervan south saskatchewan...i think they were married in kingaroy, qld, but im not 100% sure...all i know about him is where and when he was born, and i would love to know and meet relatives from canada. currently our family tree records stop at him...so..i would love to know any information about him and his relatives!!
 by the way..nana told me he didnt fight in the war because he had a bad heart..but she has a pretty shocking memory now!!

jaime, ipswich australia
embrey-mainly from monmouthshire
freeman
ifield
scott
coombs
price
ballin
taylor
theres heaps more but the main people are
richard, charles, alfred embrey
ada freeman
what ifields are related to the family of frank ifield
louisa scott
rebecca coombs
maria anne price
may augusta ballin
john taylor

theres plenty, plenty more but this is just my direct line!!!

Offline jaimelei

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 July 10 13:17 BST (UK) »
Sorry his parents did die in a car accident in canada and that is the reason for his immigration... I found out the 'Norman' for Stephen's second name from a family member, but no one can recall anything else to help in the search. His wife's last name was Embry.

Anna

umm anna, yeah phyllis' surname was embrey, she then married john, he died from a heart attack, i think ?. they had 5 children one of which is my nan...funny thing is, she married an embrey!!! its ok though, only related by marriage...phew!!...i dont know if any of this is helping? but this is the first ive found about him...and nana doesnt seem to know much about him either!! or else shes just not telling me!!

:)
freeman
ifield
scott
coombs
price
ballin
taylor
ada freeman
louisa scott
rebecca coombs
maria anne price
may augusta ballin
john taylor

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 July 10 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi again, Anna/Justin/Jaime!

I think you need to pool your resources and look at everything that's on his marriage/death certificates.
For example, when exactly did he marry and can you look at all the info there (e.g. witnesses to the marriage).
You say there's nothing on the marriage certificate apart from his birthplace - is there a space on the marriage certificate you have for parental info and it's been left blank?
On the death certificate it may say something about how long he's been in Australia.
You could also check with the library local to where he married for newspaper records - it might say "nephew of" somebody local.

The death certificate might not be the best source of info as his family in Australia might not know the full details.

http://cap.estevan.sk.ca/library/
 - Estevan isn't that large a place. They do have some cemetery records and other local records up on the library website.

I'm simply not having any luck finding Stephen or Ruth in Canadian records. If they died in the 1920s/1930s that might be difficult to find, though. As Estevan is close to the border with ND they might also be hiding there (or even further afield; Montana?)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jaimelei

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 24 July 10 05:59 BST (UK) »
hey justin was talkin to nan today...turns out shes ur aunty!!! small world!! and that u found out imma girl!! lol...dont worry most people just assume jaime is a boys name..im used to it!!
freeman
ifield
scott
coombs
price
ballin
taylor
ada freeman
louisa scott
rebecca coombs
maria anne price
may augusta ballin
john taylor