Author Topic: Breckels Essex and New Zealand  (Read 16062 times)

Offline ruthcassie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Breckels Essex and New Zealand
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 09:55 BST (UK) »
   HI MARY, Just read your message, hello after all this time, I promise to write to you soon, I have being busy lately and have not had time  to do much in the way of family tree, but will keep in touch, we  have so much to say to each other  take care, ruthy 

Offline ruthcassie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 18 November 11 01:30 GMT (UK) »
 hello to all,I have done some research on Breckels in Queensland,  Australia and have found a William who married a Harriet Hughes,30-11-1861,William died 14-2-1888: Harriet died13-12-1905 [aged 66 years] they had 11 children=William 23-10-1862-dec-6-4-1932; Susan 3-8-1864: Frank 10-4-1868; Frances 7-11-1869;
Harriet 26-7-1871;Abraham 8-9-1873; Rachael 7-6-1875; George 29-3-1877; Alfred 6-4-1879 dec 7-8-1911; Andrew 9-7-1881;
 There is a daughter Jane, who died 26-12-1884[ref no 1885/005043 queensland pioneer index 1829=1889];
what caught my eye on these records is that William snr, mother and father are John Breckels and Susan Thompson [ref no 1888/003714 QPI 1829=1889] did one of the family come to Australia, there is more information on the children that I have found, Ruthy 

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 19 November 11 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ruthy
Am answering your post as I have some relevant information.

This William who married Harriet Hughes, was the son of John Breckels b 23 Jan 1807 Shoredith Middlesex, and Susannah Thompson b abt 1811 Shoreditch, d 28 Jan 1849 Hackney, Middlesex. They had a family of 6 children. After Susannah's death in 1849, John married 06 Apr 1851 Mary Mead b abt 1811 Radnage, Buckinhamshire, and they had a further family of at least 3. I have not found a death yet for John, and I can'y find he and Mary after the 1871 census - so I think perhaps they went to Australia abut haven't found them on a passenger list arriving in Australia yet. John's parents were William Breckels b abt 1766, London and Rachel Kilbourn b abt 1776 London, d Mar 1842, London. I haven't been able to find William and Rachel on the 1841 Census - this is all I know about them so far.
Regards
Jan

Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline millrhynd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 20 November 11 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Susannah (Thompson) died 22 Jan 1849 at 2 Sugar Loaf Court, Long Alley, Shoreditch (east end of London) aged 41, of puerperal fever 26 days, bed sores 5 days. She had 12 children altogether in 20 years of marriage, but six died young. John was living in Alfred Terrace when he married Mary Mead 6 April 1851 at St Leonard, Shoreditch. She was a spinster, cook, aged 40. She died at 42 Arlington Square, Islington, aged 63 on 29 Nov 1874, of cardiac disease, dropsy.  John was present at the deaths of both his wives so if he did leave the UK it would have been after 1874. I have only found one child, Thomas Mead Breckels, born 28 Sept 1854 at 4 Alfred Terrace, Shoreditch. He appears in the Sept 1855 death indexes, but I have not sent for the certificate yet. Given his mother's age I'm surprised you have found other children - could you let me have the details? Like you, I have not found details of John's death. It was their second child (eldest to survive) who went to Australia - their fourth child George went to Canada and descendants of him are now living in the USA.
Breckels (anywhere)
Gardner (East London/Brighton/Birmingham)
Judge (East London)
Millroy (East London)

Offline millrhynd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 29 November 11 17:31 GMT (UK) »
This is just a note to follow up my last post as I now have the death certificate for Thomas Mead Breckels. He died 27 Aug 1855 at 4 Alfred Terrace, Haggerstone, Shoreditch, aged 11 months, of "Diarrhoea 14 days cholera 31 hours certified". Occupation is given as "son of John Breckels Bedstead maker" and john was present at the death and registered the event the same day. If the Breckels family is typical, the rate of infant mortality around Shoreditch was very high indeed. 150 years on we assume clean water and access to medication - our ancestors had a much rougher time of it. The London sewer system was not officially opened until 1865 and did not exist at all when Thomas Mead B. died.
Breckels (anywhere)
Gardner (East London/Brighton/Birmingham)
Judge (East London)
Millroy (East London)

Offline Iamgod81

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 06 September 14 21:43 BST (UK) »
hi there i have been doin my family tree of lately and i am a desendant of the breckels, william stanley snr is my great great grandfather ,and i see you are doin some research on the family i have copies of harriets wedding cert, death certs and also thomas smith and harriet breckels marriage cert aswell , also have papers on william snr and jr aswell if any of the can help you with your research as well feel free to get in touch . email - silverstreaker81@gmail.com

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 07 September 14 06:36 BST (UK) »
Millrhynd you are right, only Thomas Mead Breckels - I had Jemima and Susanna on a census but forgot they were Susannah's children.

Iamgod - I will email you.
Regards
Jan

Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline Justin thomson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 16 July 23 02:30 BST (UK) »
Hi there I am a relation to the breckels an hoping we could help each other out 🙏