Author Topic: Logan of Ballyconnel/Bawnboy area  (Read 1916 times)

Offline kate57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Logan of Ballyconnel/Bawnboy area
« on: Friday 28 May 10 09:43 BST (UK) »
Any information on LOGAN  My grandfather. DANIEL LOGAN I  believe that he had a brother Michael who was widowed young in the early 1900's and had 2 young children. I don't know his wife's name. Daniel and Michael's parents were Daniel Logan (died before 1915)and Margaret Maguire.(died after 1915.) The brother's were born near Derrylin in County Fermanagh but moved at some point to County Cavan. We think Ballyconnel area. My grandfather moved to Scotland and married my grandmother He then went to the USA in 1923 and we don't know what happened after that. Thank you for any help.
Deery from Eglinton and Claudy. Co. Derry
Doherty from Eglinton and Benduff near Carndonagh,Donegal
Logan/Maguire from Rathfure Co Fermanagh and Co Cavan
Logan-/Greer Clydebank and Glasgow. New York/New Jersey
Connolly-from Carrick County Tyrone to Glasgow and USA (New York and California)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Logan of Ballyconnel/Bawnboy area
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 May 10 09:54 BST (UK) »
You've already several threads for your grandfather, Daniel Logan, so I presume it is his brother Michael you are now asking about.
There's a Michael Logan, age 28, born in Fermanagh, widower, listed in 1911 census in townland of Agharaskilly (Ballyconnell D.E.D.) which might be the person you are looking for-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Ballyconnell/Agharaskilly/317175/

Was it Michael, and perhaps his family, that went to U.S. in 1923? If so, they should be listed there in 1930 census and you would find them on Ellis Island website if they arrived in New York.

P.S. meant to add that Michael Logan's mother, Margaret, is living with him in 1911.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kate57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Logan of Ballyconnel/Bawnboy area
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 May 10 22:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that information. Yes as I had said my grandfather Daniel had gone to the USA in 1923 and was not heard of again. We know very little of his family. It has taken years to find out about a brother and I'm sure that there are other siblings. I don't know (yet) whether Michael ever  went to the USA. but will look. The Logans have been a bit of a mystery! It has taken years to just reach this point as I began with only my grandfathers name and his fathers name and that they came from County Fermanagh. Thank you once again.
Deery from Eglinton and Claudy. Co. Derry
Doherty from Eglinton and Benduff near Carndonagh,Donegal
Logan/Maguire from Rathfure Co Fermanagh and Co Cavan
Logan-/Greer Clydebank and Glasgow. New York/New Jersey
Connolly-from Carrick County Tyrone to Glasgow and USA (New York and California)