Author Topic: Cant find a marriage for James Dennis' 2nd wife  (Read 1061 times)

Offline chocolatesam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cant find a marriage for James Dennis' 2nd wife
« on: Sunday 30 May 10 17:48 BST (UK) »
Recently i was looking thru St Marys burial records looking for some info on my James Dennis b1884 but death unknown...
I have found his wife Mary Alice Dennis b1880 (nee Spencer), she was buried in July 1920. Her address when she died was 1 Penn Street, Sutton In Ashfield.
Ive also found all his three children also living at the same address and all died as babies between 1911 and 1920.
While flicking through the Dennis families i also found an Alice Dennis who died as a married woman in June 1938 aged 51 Years she was also living at 1 Penn Street, Sutton In Ashfield.
Im assuming this must be James Dennis' 2nd wife but i cant find a marriage for them to confirm it....
(It seemed too much of a coincedence that Alice Dennis lived at the same address as where James Dennis and Mary Alice Dennis (nee Spencer) lived and not be his wife they are roughly the same age too...)

So im looking for a possible marriage for James Dennis and an Alice ??? probably in Sutton In Ashfield, Mansfield District some time after 1920 (after Mary his first wife died)...

If anyone as access to any info on this Alice Dennis who died in June 1938 and lived at 1 Penn Street, Sutton In Ashfield, Nottinghamshire or can find a marriage to confirm she is or isnt James Dennis wife that would be fantastic.. 

Thank You :D
Sutton in Ashfield-Mansfield
Dennis, Spencer, Webster, Walters, Slack, Blythe, Gregory, Goodgroves, Dore, Elliott, Morley, Hart,

Liverpool
Yates,

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Cant find a marriage for James Dennis' 2nd wife
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 May 10 17:59 BST (UK) »
A copy of her death cert may help.  Did James have any male siblings?  Alice could have been his sister in law
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)