Author Topic: 2 morrell street hull or sculcoates  (Read 17763 times)

Offline janeyanne

• RootsChat Member
  • dont put off til tomorrow what you can do today
    • View Profile
Re: 2 morrell street hull or sculcoates
« Reply #27 on: Monday 02 August 10 21:53 BST (UK) »
know just what you mean about doc's and hospital i have lupus and see 3 specilist's at 3 different clinic's ,i also volunteer as a volunteer patient for junior doctors and nurses to prod and poke to help  them pass their exam's ( somebody somewhere will benifit )in the future . ::)  ::) Anyway getting back to what i should have said i left my camera at my son's last week got it back now but still cant see any no 2 for morrill street it may be where a store called boyes  now stands ( it was  a cinema in my childhood many moon's ago)
brigham mcclarren wilson turnbull holborn burns keenan sheridan                                                           areas  Hull , Sproatley ,Withernsea,Gateshead,Middlesex,Southcave

Offline plum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 19:03 BST (UK) »
hi janeyanne    2 morrill street is the address on the death certificate but it finishes with in capital letters USD what does this stand for ? the date 25th april 1894.  i havn't seen this before on a death cert.  it looks like he had to retire due to his illness that doesn't read good,  MITRAL DISEASE  CIRRHOSIS OF LIVER, and under that it says uncertain.
it look to me as tho he possibly drank too much beer esp as he was a publican, he was testing it to excess 51 was no age really even in 1894. but i have now got the ans to was 2 morrill st a pub (no), where did he die, 2 morrill st and what did he die of mitral disease cirrhosis of the liver, and that concludes the life and times of george marsden, at a later date i might try to find his daughters and any family they might have had. cheers plum.

Offline SteveJW

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 21:07 BST (UK) »
Sanitary districts were formed under the terms of the Public Health Acts 1873 and 1875. Instead of creating new divisions, existing authorities were given additional responsibilities.

Urban sanitary districts were formed in any municipal borough governed under the Municipal Corporations Act 1835, in any Improvement Commissioners District formed by private act of parliament, and in any Local Government District formed under the Public Health Act 1848 or Local Government Act 1858.

The existing governing body of the town (municipal corporation, improvement commissioners or local board of health) was designated as the urban sanitary authority.
Walford  Staffordshire,Yorkshire
Boyes     Beverley, Hull
Allison     Beverley, Hull
Bowser   East Yorkshire
Etherton Sussex

Offline plum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 19:18 BST (UK) »
hi steve i should have twigged that as sanitation was part of my job but all or most of my work knowledge as gone more so on the boiler side as most are now electronic with pcb's and micro switches.
the death cert has sorted out the hull address and wether it was a pub and by the cert it looks like he was drinking far too much but brewing and selling beer was part of the familys work load along with the farm.  any way thanks for your input to the george marsden search with out you help i would still be at it  keith

Offline bessingby

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 16 August 10 10:55 BST (UK) »
i have just been reading some back replies regarding morrell st may be the reason why you cant find some numbers is because morrell st and sherburne st where bombed in ww2 and also did you know there was a cinerma down sheborne st it was bombed and at the other was savoy now boyes

Offline plt

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 23 August 10 02:11 BST (UK) »
hello there i am looking for there possibly of no 2 morrell street, hull, being a pub,  in 1894 if it was a pub what was it called and was  George Marsden the landlord as he died there and he was a licenced vitcualer, he would be about 51yrs old. can you help thanks plum.

Dear Plum, there will have been a no 2 Morrill street in 1894, It now starts at no 12 on the west side, nos 2 to 10 are now a Boyes shop, prior to this they were occupied by the Savoy picture house which was built sometime after the first world war and demolished in the early 1960's.
This space, nos 2 to 10 or part of,  could have been a public house prior to this.
Hope this helps.
plt.

Offline susityrala

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 19 May 21 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have just come across this post while searching for some information about my Great Grandfather. Henry Morrill.
I am his Great Great Grandaughter Susannah Roberts on my mother’s side of the family. Morrill Street and Morrill Clinic were both named after him.
I have his portrait in my house. He was a fine, well respected chandelier in Hull.