Author Topic: 1851 lookup for Tonbridge, Kent area please.  (Read 858 times)

Offline sharles

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Happy Hunting
    • View Profile
1851 lookup for Tonbridge, Kent area please.
« on: Thursday 20 May 04 11:48 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace James Huggett & his wife Nancy (possibly a family pet name), parents of William Huggett.  William married a Jane Churchill.  Unfortunately I have no ther info on this couple but live in the hope of finding more.

On William's & Jane's marriage certificate, their residence at time of marriage was 'Tonbridge Wells'. I know the towns are either Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells but that is how it is written on the certificate. They were married in the Parish Church in the Parish of Tonbridge in the county of Kent in 1850.

At the time of Williams marriage in Sept 1850, his father, James, was a labourer. Janes father, William Churchill, was a shoemaker.

William & Jane had left England in Septmeber 1852.

I hope this can help someone to help me.
Names of interest:

Huggett; Churchill; Taylor; Ridley; Teague; Pearson; Hynes; Stewart; Mongor; Bishop; Barry; Johnson; Cumming; Wheeler.... for now.

Sharles

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re:1851 lookup for Tonbridge, Kent area please.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 May 04 13:12 BST (UK) »
I have had reason to look around in the past at the area, and was unable to find anything like an index to the area for any year.

As the 1851(&1861) census has yet, I believe to be released on CD, there will also be very few people with access to it. The aim is to have it released by the autumn, but you will still have to wait for someone to buy it. The 1841 is out; I don't have it, nor know of anyone who has.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline sharles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Happy Hunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 May 04 23:40 BST (UK) »
Morning Pauline,

thank you for your reply..... I had begun wondering if that were the case as I have had no luck to speak of where I have posted a message such as this.  

I do know, however that Family History Research Centres (Church of the LDS) can get hold of them in some form, so I guess I will have to resort to making the trip to them anyway.

Thanx again   :)
Names of interest:

Huggett; Churchill; Taylor; Ridley; Teague; Pearson; Hynes; Stewart; Mongor; Bishop; Barry; Johnson; Cumming; Wheeler.... for now.

Sharles

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 May 04 08:38 BST (UK) »

Sharles - Have a look on Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness...

There is a chap called Graham Benham, says hes willing to do Public Record look ups for Kent.

Might be worth an e.mail to him    :)

Suey
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline sharles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Happy Hunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 May 04 11:14 BST (UK) »
Thanx suey..... will give Graham a go

Sharles  ;D
Names of interest:

Sharles