Author Topic: starting a new family tree need help  (Read 769 times)

Offline s.r.

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
starting a new family tree need help
« on: Sunday 06 June 10 11:49 BST (UK) »
hi
        I need help in starting a new family tree for a new relative,that I have not long found.she would like to find out about her fathers side of the family.I have only a limited infomation,I have just recieved her father and mothers marriage certificate, but I am still stuck with starting this tree.also she has told me that her father was irish? so the name driscoll of whom I am looking for is like a jones.if anyone could please help me i will give you more of what i have on a  P.M.   

thanks s.r.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: starting a new family tree need help
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 June 10 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi SR

How exciting to be embarking on a new tree!

Better by far to post the details of her ancestors on the boards though (provided they aren't living) and then we can all join in.

How far back can you go so far?  Have you got enough to take you to the 1911 census or the newly-released 1901?  What information does the marriage cert give?

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)