Author Topic: cressal family  (Read 3357 times)

Offline calvin007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
cressal family
« on: Monday 07 June 10 12:06 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to trace back the ancestors of sarah cressal. I believe she married William Laflin in 1775 in Halstead Essex, but can find no signs of her siblings or parents

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: cressal family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 June 10 07:48 BST (UK) »
Hello calvin007

If you input Cressal into your search engine from your supplier it would probably come up with "nowt" but if you used the variant button you would land up with lots and the name would be Cresswell

with that in mind......

From the IGI's they have a few Laflin's christianed Ringshall, Suffolk....... parents William Laflin and Susan Cresswell (Sarah Cressal?)

International Genealogical Index

1. KEZIA LAFLIN............Christened 18th Apr 1783 Ringshall, Suffolk (William & Susan)
2. ABRAHAM LAFLIN.......Christened 18th Apr 1783 Ringshall, Suffolk (Abraham & Dinah)
3. JOHN LAFLIN.............Christened 12th Apr 1784...Death 25th Apr 1784 (William & Susan)
4. WILLIAM LAFLIN........Christened 10th SEP 1785 Ringshall, Suffolk (William & Susan)
5. WILLIAM LAFLIN........Christened 14th APR 1786 Ringshall, Suffolk (William & Susan)
6. ELIZABETH LAFLIN.....Christened 21st Oct 1787 Ringshall, Suffolk (William & Susan)
7. SARAH LAFLIN............Christened 14th DEC 1788 Ringshall, Suffolk (William & Susan)
8. MARY ANN LAFLIN.......Christened 15th Apr 1792 Ringshall, Suffolk (William & Susan)
9. JEMIMA LAFLIN...........Christened 15th Apr 1792 Ringshall, Suffolk (William & Susan)
10. DIANA LAFLIN...........Christened 7th Dec 1794 Ringshall, Suffolk (Abraham & Diana)

*SUSAN LAFLIN died aged 45 Ringshall, Suffolk and was buried on the 2nd June 1801 St Catherine, Ringshall, Suffolk

However there is a Sarah Cresswell christianed 16th May 1756 (from findmypast.co.uk) the daughter of William & Martha....Arrington, Cambridgeshire

This site may help you when looking for individual locations....England IGI batch numbers (centre towards the top) select location and go from there......

http://nzsghamilton.co.nz/england.htm

Bryant

Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annec55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 April 13 17:17 BST (UK) »
This William Laflin and Susan Cresswell were my 4 x great grandparents, and from my research did not get married in Essex - they were both born and lived in Ringshall, Suffolk I will have a look through my records and see if I can trace a William Laflin with connections to Essex.
Chicken Giles Smith Mallitt Scrivener Filewod Laffling Burlinson Coates Francis Page Mahoney Wooby Potkins Askew Barrell

Offline kmart66

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 April 13 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

Parish records St Andews, Halstead
Marriages
22 October 1775
William Laflin and Susanna Cressall both single and of the parish were married by banns, witnesses William Norfolk and George Dykes (probably clerk as he is a frequent witness)

Kevin
Brightlingsea families
Martin, Day, Frostick, Salmon

faber est quisque fortunae suae

Offline kmart66

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 April 13 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

Another marriage in the same church.
George Creswell of this parish and Susan Baker of the parish of Ashen were married by banns on 2 Feb 1775.

George signed his name as George Cressall. Witnesses John Cook and Thomas Arnall.

Kevin
Brightlingsea families
Martin, Day, Frostick, Salmon

faber est quisque fortunae suae

Offline calvin007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 August 21 19:46 BST (UK) »
I haven't reasearched anybody in Essex as most of my family come from Suffolk, Sussex and Hampshire. From the limited information I have regarding the Cressal/Cresswell/Crussel family - William Laflin and Susan(nah) married in Halstead, but I don't know why and if Susan(nah) comes from that area -  what would be the next best step to take? Are there any good websites ?