Author Topic: Storrington  (Read 6867 times)

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Storrington
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 12 June 10 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandie

You are right that not all children were christened - don't I know it from several strands in my own family >:( ;D And of course non-conformist baptisms need considering, but they are more difficult to find.

Good luck

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Sandie1449

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 13 June 10 05:18 BST (UK) »
Stovepipe ...Is there anywhere I can actually see the actual wills? I know there are some on that Canadian libraries site but I think they may well answer the question about the Storrington lot for me. As John had the Anchor Inn there may well be a will which may tell me of other children other than Elisabeth...Also the will from Slindon..Katherine was married to Phillip (vicar clergy) of Slinfold and they had children....I can fit Phillip in the family tree as the furthest back I can get is Goring 1583 to a vicar there. The times are kind of the same and I would assume that they were brothers but can't find whom they came from. Maybe looking through the older records will help in this.

I hired a film from Goring through the LDS church and that went way back but my John MYSTYAN being vicar there was the earliest there. So they may have come from somewhere else....

There are a load of Mustion/Mustian and MUSTYAN births, marriages and deaths at St Giles in London earlier than my 1583 but I can't link them in so have them as an extras file in case I ever get evidence to include them.

John and Sarah are still keeping me awake at night trying to figure out who the heck they were.

MUSTCHIN, MUSTION, GODDARD, JUPP, MUSTIAN.

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 13 June 10 10:43 BST (UK) »
Here you go Sandie

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/power-search.asp?searchType=powersearch

Once you've found what you want each document is £3.50 to download

Also you can search here

http://www.westsussex.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/libraries-and-archives/record-office/

If you find anything they will send you copies for a fee - I don't know what they charge but it will be on the website somewhere

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Sandie1449

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 01:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jan.

My eyes are aching. LOL.

Will see if these bring me any joy.

MUSTCHIN, MUSTION, GODDARD, JUPP, MUSTIAN.