Author Topic: Joseph Benjamin GRAHAM  (Read 5159 times)

Offline AlexStewart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Benjamin GRAHAM
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 17:21 BST (UK) »
No confusion. I wrote before that you had the right person and family. They were registered at Cookstown. I have now learned from my enquirer that Jeannie who was living with Ben in 1901 was indeed his sister and was the grandmother of the enquirer. She was registered as Catherine Isabella and was born in Castlefin, which has caused some confusion! Catherine and Ben's father Robert Graham, JP, died at Rose Cottage, Claggan, Cookstown in 1916. I think the Irish part is now clear, but the Canadian part and the two marriages remain unsolved. Thank you for your interest.
Stewart:Donegal
Babington: Donegal and Londonderry
Patton:Donegal

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 19:04 BST (UK) »
Perhaps if you go back through the thread you will understand that the birth for Joseph Benjamin Graham that I found (1881) was registered in Magherafelt registration district which is in Co, Londonderry.
If this birth is for your Joseph Benjamin Graham then he was not born at Claggan with is in Cookstown registration district.

Is the Graham relation who is looking for details of the family also related to you or is this something you are helping a friend with? and what about Dora Graham listed with Joseph and Jeannie in 1901 census- is she another sister? I can't see a likely birth registration for Dora but perhaps she was also registered under another Christian name.

Searching civil index for Catherine Isabella Graham there are only 3 enttries for all of Ireland. One is a death in Belfast (1906- born c1886) and other 2 are in Magherafelt registration district- Jan./Mar.1880 and July/Sept.1884.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline AlexStewart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 19:50 BST (UK) »
 I did understand the point you made about Claggan, Cookstown and Magherafelt, but I decided to leave the matter until I could discuss it further with the person whom I am helping. Clearly we have the right family; the issue of Claggan will doubtless be resolved later.
Yes, I am now informed that Dora is a sister to Ben and Catherine.
From the information given to me about Catherine, your date of 1880 appears to be correct, and therefore she was registered in Magherafelt.
I will now turn my attention to the problem of Joseph Benjamin's migration to Canada.
Stewart:Donegal
Babington: Donegal and Londonderry
Patton:Donegal