Author Topic: Walbran family  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Jimp

• RootsChat Extra
  • " Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp...
    • View Profile
Walbran family
« on: Monday 28 March 05 17:45 BST (UK) »
I have lost the thread in tracing Henry Walbran back to his origins. He is recorded in the censuses as born in Snape in abt 1815, and from his death in Leeds in 1879 I can go back to 1871 census in Leeds, the 1861 census in Leeds, the 1851 census in Leeds when he was a policeman, to his marriage in Leeds in 1844, where his father is given as John Walbran a gamekeeper.

Then the track goes cold and I would just love to find him in the 1841 census.  Has anyone got any ideas on how to find him ?
Pearson, Atherton, Joys,Webster, Cooling, Milner, Crowther, Bonsell, Taylor, and  a lot more

Offline KathyM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Walbran family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 July 05 07:56 BST (UK) »
Uf I were you, I wouls search for his baptism....in Snape.

On the IGI there is Henry Walbron baptised  11 Dec 1813 son of John Walbron & Hannah (Garthwaite)...at Well.

Snape is near Bedale in North Yorkshire, in the Parish of Well. Here is a link to Snape's website

http://www.communigate.co.uk/ne/slhg/page1.phtml

Try a posting on the North Yorkshire board too !  For a look up in 1841...you never know
~~~~~~~~

Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Ardill,  Bourke/Burke, Bellwood, Bridge, Cain, Church, Cragg,  Dennell, Dunning, Gough, Haslam, Holmes, Jessop, Kidson/Kitson, Knowles, Markwick, Martin, Munden, Nickerson, Robinson,  Seddon, Whittle, Varley & Walpole.

Areas: Yorkshire, Lancashire, Norfolk, Marylebone & Tipperary

Offline teachernz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 September 06 15:26 BST (UK) »
There is a Henry Walbern listed in the 1841 census for Leeds.  Living at Charles Street.  Of course there is no birth place other than Yorkshire.

Michael

Offline Jimp

• RootsChat Extra
  • " Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 September 06 20:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much. It is my Henry Walbran, I am sure because of the occupation and age. Unfortunately he's by himself in the census so there's no clue from family etc.
Pearson, Atherton, Joys,Webster, Cooling, Milner, Crowther, Bonsell, Taylor, and  a lot more