Author Topic: John and Anita Carr, Esher  (Read 1741 times)

Offline karen.J

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John and Anita Carr, Esher
« on: Saturday 12 June 10 16:17 BST (UK) »
My ancestor Eunice Baker was employed as a cook with John and Anita Carr at Broughton, Esher in 1911.
Can any one help me locate this property as there is no road name associated with it. In addition I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the company Peche Firm Co Ltd of which John Carr is listed as the Managing Director in the 1911 Census.
Fingers crossed someone is familiar with this location.
Thank you.
Karen
Baker, Jarritt, Gooding, Rodwell, Hawes-Hall, Spooner, Taylor, Brockless, Worth.

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John and Anita Carr, Esher
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 June 10 17:04 BST (UK) »
Broughton in a 1911 street directory of surrey was listed as being in Esher Park Avenue.  Seems Anita M Carr was an artist who exhibited at the Royal Academy.

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 June 10 17:13 BST (UK) »
Ah, ha...this is more like it.  notice in The Times (12 Feb 1924)  Mr John Carr, of Broughton, Esher, Surrey, Managing Director of Messrs Peek, Frean & Co, Limited, biscuit manufacturers, deputy chairman of the Associated Biscuit Manufacturers, Chairman of the London Area Committee of the National Association of Biscuit Manufacturers, and one of the Executive Committee of the Federation of British Industries, who died on November 24, aged 41, left a fortune of £152,859, of which £141,230 is net personalty.

Offline karen.J

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 June 10 17:26 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness how interesting!  I hope my ancestor was a Baker true to her name. A badly transcribed census entry obviously had me stumped, it just shows you how you can go completely off track.  Thank you so much Dazey999 for helping me out, I feel like I've put the final piece to my puzzle.
Baker, Jarritt, Gooding, Rodwell, Hawes-Hall, Spooner, Taylor, Brockless, Worth.

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 June 10 17:28 BST (UK) »
My pleasure!  Yes, she must have been a very good cook to have come up to Mr Carr's standards!