Author Topic: Re: DIAMOND  (Read 46204 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: DIAMOND
« Reply #153 on: Saturday 25 September 10 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

I see the passenger list which you refer to, Mary seems to be travelling with Ellen Farren aged 26 (possibly her sister).  Unfortunately there does'nt seem to be that second page that may have given further information, re parents etc.,   I wonder if this is Mary on the 1900 Census Brooklyn Ward 23, Kings, New York working for the Rawson family but then the trail goes cold again  :( Does'nt appear to be a marriage for Mary or Ellen in New York City under Farren or Farron

Perry B Rawson 24  Margaret A Rawson 24
Margaret P Rawson 1 Rachel L Patterson 63
Mary Farren 23 Born Ireland Sept 1876. Single. Immigrated 1899. Servant

Will send you a pm with details of a possible contact in connection with the Diamond family, hope this will be helpful to you.

Regards Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Saturday 25 September 10 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for all your help.  This does look like her but it could be Robert Farrens two sisters this could be her birth

Mary Farren, born 1872 in Newtownlimavady

This could be Ellen Farren

Ellen Farren, born 21 Sep 1874 in Derry, Londonderry, Ireland to Edward Farren and Catharine Mcgill Farren

Kieran

Is it possible to get any death notice for either of them

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Saturday 25 September 10 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

With reference to one of the Diamond brothers with a wife Joan whose death is below.  RAOGK have volunteer in Sonoma. California who will do Obituary look-ups in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.  Wonder if that would be worth a try to get an Obituary notice for her  ???

http://www.raogk.org/californ4.htm

Joan Diamond
Born: 1 Aug 1933
Died: 22 Jul 2001
Last Residence: 95404  Santa Rosa, Sonoma, California.
SSN issued: New York (1952-1953)

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Saturday 25 September 10 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Kieran,

Longshot Kieran but just to make you aware of this one.  Where is Ballynease. Ireland ? Came across a family tree with a Mary Ann Farren born Jan 1875 in Ballynease, Ireland Died 20 April 1910 in Philadelphia City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Married to a William Henry with 2 sons - Hugh 1905 and Harry 1907. They have a sister-in-law Catherine Farren with them in 1910  ??? The birth year for Mary Ann would be out on what you think and immigration not right either.  ??? Parents Hhugh Farren and Catherine Gurt  ???

1910 Census  Philadelphia Ward 15, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 

William Henry 31 Born ireland. Marriage 1 for 6 years
Mary Ann Henry 40 Born Ireland. had 3 children and 2 survive. Immigrated 1894
Hugh Henry 4
Henry Henry 2
Catharine Farrin 25 Born Ireland. Sister -In-Law. Immigrated 1906

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Saturday 25 September 10 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for all your helpful advice as always you get the information for me.  I have looked at the RAOGK volunteers in Sonoma.  Do you mean to conact Tom Cole?

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Saturday 25 September 10 21:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Kieran,

Yes, TC thats the one I thought might be worth a whirl. The other one said may require reimbursement.

Regards
Sandra

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Saturday 25 September 10 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Don't think this is the right Farrens as Ballynease is in Portglenone and not Claudy/Limavady.

I will keep this on the backburner as you never know maybe they are related.  Do they have a Robert Farren listed in the tree.  Also I have been talking to my aunties and they seem to think that Francis Patrick Diamond had a tree online.  He had two siblings Kevin Michael born in 1953 and married Nell Koch and Laura Susan Diamond born in 1956 who married Matthew Laughlin.

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Saturday 25 September 10 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Kieran,

Thought it would be a longshot but sometimes you never know.  Who is Robert Farren and when was he born please ?  I am unsure of the relationships on this one.
Presume Edward is the father and Catherine the mother with 3 children Robert, Mary  and Ellen and they are from Derry.   Is that right ? Sent pm on other subject.

Regards
Sandra 8)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Saturday 25 September 10 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Kieran,

Found the entry:-

JAMES JOSEPH DIAMOND -  Born15 October 1890 in Ireland Died 25 April 1956
in Healdsburg, California, USA - only has the father and son listed. No further details. Last logged in this month.
I could make the contact if you wished to do so - I still have your e-mail addy from July if that is still current.

Regards

Sandra