Author Topic: Evans & Francis Families of Montgomeryshire.  (Read 2530 times)

Offline KMcKenzie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Evans & Francis Families of Montgomeryshire.
« on: Saturday 12 June 10 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to trace and find any distant relatives of the above families.

My Great Great Great Grandfather was Evan Francis b. July 1818 - he married Anne Richard in June 1850 in Montgomeryshire. They had many children, some of which i question whether they were their children or not.

They are - Elizabeth 1851, David 1853, Evan 1854, Jane 1855, Anne 1856, Mary 1857, Susannah 1860, Evan 1860, John 1862 & Anne 1865. All were born in the Montgomeryshire area possibly near Cemmaes or Brynuchel.

Elizabeth 1851 is my Great Great Grandmother. She married David Evans.b. 1844 in Trefeglwys in 1875. Their children were - Anne 1876, Mary 1877, Elizabeth 1879, Sarah 1881, Susannah 1883, Evan 1885, Ellen 1888, Hannah 1890 & Myfanwy 1895. David Evans was a Slate Quarryman all through the cencus'.

Hannah was my Great Grandmother so i know most of her information but i can't find anything on any of the other children mentioned above because it's very common names that they have, and finding a marriage for them or a death is difficult! Bad times.

If anyone knows anything about this family and other other bit of information it would be great to hear from you

Thankyou!

Keelan
McKenzie - Inverness & Argyll.
McCormack - Lanarkshire & Ireland.
McCullen & Gribben - Northern Ireland.
Cook/McCook - Killean & Kilchenzie, Argyll.
Mustard/e - Campbeltown & Angus/Perth
McFadyen/McFarlane/McLean - Tyree & Coll
Sutherland - Edinburgh
Thomas & Cooke - Herefordshire, England
Kitto - Devon/Cornwall
Evans/Francis/Richards - Trefeglwys, Cemmaes & Merionethshire
Golba - Poland