Author Topic: Proof of birth place.  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Proof of birth place.
« on: Sunday 13 June 10 15:47 BST (UK) »
I have just found a possible entry for a relation that I have been desperately trying to find in the 1851...
Now the coincidences that it shows, makes it an almost definate result...

The only thing wrong with the entry is 'place of birth'....  it is definately NOT my rellies place of birth..which I already have.   

He is only 13 at this time ... so would he have been asked where he was born, or would his employee (he was working away from home) give these details.??   

More details can be supplied if needed... just didnt want to overload  the question.

xin

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Proof of birth place.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 June 10 15:59 BST (UK) »
In 1910, the chief clerk of the GRO claimed that the birthplace tables were probably the most inaccurate of any of the census tables..... a great many people did not know in which county they were born. There was also a tendency to record the place of residence, or the earliest one which could be remembered, as the place of birth.
Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 June 10 16:00 BST (UK) »
Yes, we need to know his actual-place-of-birth and his location and stated place-of-birth in 1851.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 June 10 16:25 BST (UK) »
Okay,   here goes, quick run down.   born out of wedlock to Elizabeth Green (  named Annis Marshall?) in 1836 in Brixworth Northants....
in the 1841 as Annis Green  with the Clements .. then nothing till 1861 when he is down as a grocers assistant in HinckleyLeicester  with birthplace as Brixworth and name now Charles Annis Green...... Then the 1871 he is shown as Charles Annis Green Grocer in Hinckley Leicester born in Brixworth.. but shows a sister as Charlotte Burford.. and on checking this out  ---- I found a marriage ( with Chewboys' help) of Elizabeth Green to a Thomas Burford and they lived in KENT....

So after searching for an absolute age... for him in the 1851.. under all names, I put in Annis (male which is unusual) Green  anywhere and found an Annis Green in MALE  1851... IN HINCKLEY as a grocers assistant age 13  but BORN in  Harrow on the Hill Middlesex.

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 June 10 19:09 BST (UK) »
I am so excited  about this... it has got to be  my Annis Green/Marshall/Charles Annis Green.... and why did I suddenly think YES  because....
I realised that the 1851 address  --------  Market place Hinckley   - RANG a massive bell, and that is because, in the 1841 census return for that area / address is a 3yr old Sarah Argyle, living with her Parents ...  and Sarah is Charles Annis Greens future wife.......... ;D :D

they married in 1857..... I think it all fits ...

So again, with the help of this site and its members, I have I hope ( ;) :))  found more on Charles Annis Snr.   

Xin

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 June 10 19:33 BST (UK) »
So again, with the help of this site and its members, I have I hope ( Wink Smiley)  found more on Charles Annis Snr.   

I think you actually sorted it out yourself once you'd typed it all out. ;D ;D

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 13 June 10 19:45 BST (UK) »
I know but its a crazy one  all those names dates and places to hide his secret... but we sherlocks get there in the end or very nearly anyway...

I have been searching this line for years   and througout that time, had enormous help on here. 

:-*

xin

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 13 June 10 20:20 BST (UK) »
I have been searching this line for years

I think searching for a line like this (and I've got one too) over many years means it's so easy to miss the link, whereas other lines like the one I only started on yesterday have been very straightforward.  The difference is, of course, which parish records are more or less complete and have been transcribed properly. 

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 13 June 10 20:29 BST (UK) »
Yes I am with you there, if you loose your keys and dont find them straight away it can take forever if you know what I mean... ;D ;D

Now I have tidied that up... I am 'Pondering'   >: ::) whether to look for a possible father....?? but maybe I should sort his mothers family out first  -- that needs a couple or ten certs sent for.

xin