Author Topic: Samuel Baldrey - Hatfield  (Read 8239 times)

Offline Marge Delker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Baldrey - Hatfield
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 February 24 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue ... every now and then my FamilyHistoryBug bites and I start digging again. Your posting here had inspired me to renew my search for JKB's first marriage (prior to Elizabeth Parsons and Mary Copsey). His marriage to Elizabeth listed him as a widower.

My research/thoughts so far : "As widower at the age of 41, it’s probably that there were children from JKB’s first marriage. There is a reference to a son, John, in the article by Batchly. 
 There is also information that provides speculation of a daughter named Mary. There was a marriage in St Michaels, Cambridge, April 6, 1806: John Marshall of this parish, widower and Mary Baldrey of this parish.   Allegation: April 5, 1806, John Marshall of parish of St Michael in the town of Cambridge, gent and Joshua Kirby Baldrey of St. Mary's in the same, engraver that John Marshall and Mary Baldrey shall marry.  Bond:  appears John Marshall of St. Michael, 21 years and upwards and a widower and intends to marry with Mary Baldrey of 21 years and up. [Note: the father of the woman is typically noted in the marriage allegation entry. However, JKB also had a sister by the name of Mary so it is possible that this might be his sister rather than a daughter. Andrew Baldrey had died in 1802, so it’s possible that JKB may have stood in his place.]"

My great grandfather, John Alexander Baldrey - the youngest of John Marshall Baldrey family, emigrated to the US in 1878. I have the family albums that have pictures of the Fuller family and letters from Jane Baldrey that mention Agnes and her family.  I'll try to attach the photos here and would be happy to send you the family letters from Jane.  You can reach me directly at daveandmarged@yahoo.com

What became to your great grandmother, the dancer?