Author Topic: Jane Eltingham/Thomas Scott - looking for info, please help!  (Read 4962 times)

Offline kkhh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Eltingham/Thomas Scott - looking for info, please help!
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 June 10 06:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much again Janis and thank you to everyone who replied.  I'm quite new at searching records in the UK and you've been a tremendous help.  I noticed you're in the US Janis - I'm in Maine now, born in Canada tho.

Offline CathieMcCabe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 23 April 11 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hello!

Jane Eltringham and Thomas Scott were my great-great-great grandparents. My line descends through their son, James William Scott, who was born in Sydney Mines, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. I don't have any information on your Jane jr., I'd love to hear more about her! I have found some potential parents for Jane Eltringham and am in the midst of checking the person's sources myself, and will share them with you if like.

Cathie

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 23 April 11 18:22 BST (UK) »
Cathie,

Welcome to Rootschat.  You will be able to send a personal message once you have made 3 posts, then an email will be sent to the person you are sending a message to. 

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kkhh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 April 11 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathie:  Nice to meet you!  It looks as though we're distant cousins. Through my searches here on rootschat, and with the kind help of those here who know what they're doing, I was able to locate and order a copy of Jane Eltringham & Thomas Scott's marriage license; I believe her father was listed as Andrew Eltringham.  As it turned out - the marriage license confirmed what I had learned - my gggrandmother - daughter of Jane and raised by Thomas Scott - was born illegitimate before they married, which  leaves a dead end on that twig of my family tree.  I've having trouble today with my Internet and I can't seem to get into my tree (stored on Ancestry.com).  I'd love to compare notes, etc etc.  I was born in Cape Breton, actually at the hospital in Sydney Mines, both sides of my family lived in the area.  I moved from Nova Scotia as a young child and grew up in New Brunswick; I'm now in Maine.  My email addy is * - drop me a line when you're able - it's always lovely to meet a family member!  I'd love to learn more about your branch of the tree.

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php