Author Topic: BATHO (Anglicized to Barrett) John born about 1865 in "Moelfre, Denbigh"  (Read 12935 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BATHO (Anglicized to Barrett) John born about 1865 in "Moelfre, Denbigh"
« Reply #18 on: Friday 18 June 10 10:18 BST (UK) »
I too noted the James and Richard listed as nephews of Catherine Jones.A direct descendant of my Catherine Bather and Joseph Griffiths who she married has Richard as the son of an Edward as I stated but they have no definite info or Baptism for Richard.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 18 June 10 10:22 BST (UK) »
Hi William

Did you not see that they are the sons of John Batha and Mary Jones.  Catherine Jones, their aunt, was a spinster.

I'm not sure that there is a direct link with your Edward*

Gadget

* I see that you are referring to a Catherine son of Richard b.c. 1833
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 June 10 10:41 BST (UK) »
This looks as if it could be the baptism of the John Batha who married Mary Jones in 1831:

Llansilin Sept 29 1803 John Batha s/o Richard Batha and Mary nee Jones. Living  Priddbwll
Mary was possibly from Llanyblodwell originally - unclear but no marriage for them in Llansilin.

Note - the early records have the name as Badda - obvious with Welsh pronounciation

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 18 June 10 10:43 BST (UK) »
Yes I seen that Gadget,the descendant has no definite info listed though.The Richard listed with James though I'd say is almost certainly the one who married a Catherine c 1856 and is the father of my Catherine.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 18 June 10 10:48 BST (UK) »
Yes - worked it out now, William , I re-read what you put and  now assume that you are talking of a modern day person   :-\

I too noted the James and Richard listed as nephews of Catherine Jones.A direct descendant of my Catherine Bather and Joseph Griffiths who she married has Richard as the son of an Edward as I stated but they have no definite info or Baptism for Richard.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

I think it might be worth calling in Paul for some burials  :)

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 June 10 11:00 BST (UK) »
There seems to have been a Richard and Ann(e) Batha having children in the 1790s, living Priddbwll. I'm not sure if it's the same Richard who was married to a Mary  (parents of John Batha, 1803). I don't see a burial for this Ann.

I don't see any Edward Bathas  in my Llansilin records, William,  so I'm really not sure where he came from.

In relation to Martin's ancestors:

I have

John b.c. 1865
son of
James b.c. 1831 m Mary Morris
son of
John poss b.c. 1803 m Mary Jones
son of
Richard m Mary Jones

Going back through the early records, the family seem to have been in Priddbwll for some while (at least from 1750s). This is to the south of Moelfre half way between Llansilin and Llangedwyn* , so I'll check there as well:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/08yi/   

Gadget

* added - there is evidence that the family seem to have originated there or at least used the parish for Bbt and burials earlier on

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 18 June 10 11:26 BST (UK) »
Edward was only mentioned as a possible father for Richard.You can see Richard and Catherine "Bather"(c1833) living in Oswestry in 1871,an interesting John Morris living with them.RG10/2782/27/48.In 1901 living in Ellesmere.RG13/2549/33/23.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 18 June 10 11:30 BST (UK) »
Ahhh, William

I've found an interesting family on the 1851 at Priddbwll
Ho107/1993/196/19

a Mary Ann, Edward (b.c. 1841) and Emma Batha down as stepdaughters and stepson of an Ellis and Mary Jones.

Mary down as being b. Glynceiriog.

This would be where Martin got the Glynceiriog link but his John seems to be of a different family.

Think we need to see if there's a link through Mary

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 18 June 10 11:37 BST (UK) »
On the 1841, the family are at Priddbwll

HO107/1401/bk 2/6/5

Also there is a 55-59 year old Richard Batha.

I'm wondereing if the Mary Jones on the 1851 is the Mary Batha on the 1841 and was the sister of Catherine Jones - and thus possibly the mother of John and Richard. Her husband, John Batha, might have died and the two boys went to live with Aunt Catherine and the younger ones stayed with their mother.

Added - So this would mean that John Batha and Mary Jones (b. Glynceiriog) had the following children:

James 1831 - ancestor of John b.c. 1865
Richard 1833
Mary Ann 1837
Emma 1839
Edward 1840

Gadget