Author Topic: Help finding 1848 death not on S.P.  (Read 12494 times)

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding 1848 death not on S.P.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 22:55 BST (UK) »
there is a submitted entry for birth of janet douglas
              on family search,24th dec 1855,christened jan 11 1856
              torthorwald dumfries,parents william douglas and
              janet,maiden name king
Hi Eva Thank you very much i appreciate you looking for me it helps to know the maiden name of the mother  I can look for her family now thanks bye Jennifer

Hi Jennifer.

I would be careful about this information as it has been submitted by a member of the LDS and doesn't state the source. Civil registration commenced in Scotland in 1855 and the Familysearch IGI has transcriptions of births and marriages 1855 to 1875 from the Statutory Registers so in theory there should be an entry for the birth transcribed from the Statutory Registers but there doesn't appear to be.

Andy

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 October 10 04:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy thank you I am waiting for a birth certificate that will answer my question I hope, also on the census where born part Jannet Douglas  born 1855 was listed as being born at Thuthnella Scptland  is there such a place or did they spell Thorthoerwald wrong  thank you everyone for helping bye Jennifer

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 October 10 05:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy thank you I am waiting for a birth certificate that will answer my question I hope, also on the census where born part Jannet Douglas born 1855 was listed as being born at Thuthnella Scptland is there such a place or did they spell Thorthoerwald wrong thank you everyone for helping bye Jennifer

Hi Jennifer

I can't find a place called Thuthnella, which census gives that as a bithplace for Jannet?

Andy

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 October 10 06:31 BST (UK) »
the 1911 english   one she is called Janet Woof it is badly written  regards  jennifer

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 October 10 03:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Eveyone How are you all I have found the Christening  entry for Jannet Douglas born 1855 and the Scource Call Information    Batch number   7227309   Sheet 22 Scource Call No 0822054 Type Film it gives her parents as William Douglas and mother Janet King thanks for helping me i looked again at the 1911 census and I think the Transcribers misspelled it asTuthnela  I have found so many spelling mistakes when searching others  . I found a marriage for William Douglas and Janet King in Torthorwald in July 1855  the Scource Information is  Batch No M118501  Sheet00Dates 1855-1875 Scource Call No 60335516Register Type Film, can anyone advice  me how I can Trace the family further back from here  or put me in the right direction I really appreciate your help I havent received the Birth certificate yet but will let you know if the name is correct bye regards Jennifer

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 14:40 BST (UK) »
Hello I promised to post when I got Elizabeth,s birth certificate it arrived today and her mother,s maiden  name was King thank you again can anyone please direct me to where I can get more information on both her parents thank you bye Jennifer

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 15:42 BST (UK) »
hi dont know if this is of any help if you go to scotlandsplaces there is a horse tax record if you go to thortwald there is a john douglas paying horse tax 1797-8 at a place looks like collen thortwald that is on page three of the record for thortwald ,wondering if connection to your douglas james father ?

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 16:10 BST (UK) »
p.s. just a little follow up also on page one there is a john smith on page 2 jas smith and page three there is glendinning all at thortwald 1797 paying horse tax could be the parents?

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 16:24 BST (UK) »
thank you very much for that information i will certainly have a look i appreciate it thanks again  jennifer