Author Topic: A George McCann  (Read 16781 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A George McCann
« Reply #36 on: Monday 08 July 19 23:45 BST (UK) »
Handier if one posts Links to things being posted.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline mackers

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 10:56 BST (UK) »
Handier if one posts Links to things being posted.

Hi thought it is part of the follow on from this thread see 1st post. Didn't want to start another thread.

regards

Mack

Offline mackers

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 30 October 22 18:50 GMT (UK) »
It's has been a while since I last posted as I have tried to refresh all the info I have came across over the years I have been looking for details on this. I have recently been concentrating on the Hamill/Carr connection. And to be frank I have come across something that has completely flummoxed me. I was looking up the Irish Genealogy Website with particular reference to the Teresa Hamill McCann connection. She married Edward McCann in 1871 in Belfast both came from Portadown. His parents as previously stated were George and Mary Lappin McCann. Her parents were supposed to be Patrick and Anne Hamill.  As per their marriage record. But...........

Going on Teresa's census records she would have been born about 1848. But when I looked up Teresa Hamill's on the site I found an entry for a Teresa Hamill born to Patrick Hamill and Anne Hamill formally Carr date the 9th of November 1876? At this stage I am just totally confused. In 1876 Teresa was married 5 years to Edward.  ???
Just wondering at this remove does anyone have some fresh ideas on this? Any help would be most welcome.