Author Topic: Adam Edwrd YOUNG Charters Towers  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Adam Edwrd YOUNG Charters Towers
« on: Sunday 20 June 10 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help.

Adam Edward Young married Rose Meier in 1895 in North Queensland maybe Charters Towers, Kuridala or Cloncurry.

Adam Edward Young died in 1902 at age 36 and was buried at Charters Towers and on the Queensland BDM site it indicates his father having the same name ie, Adam Edward Young and Kate Hayes as his mother.

I have searched high and low but I cannot find Adam Edward Young being born in Queensland nor his parents being married in Queensland or any death registations.

I can assume that Adam Edward Young immigrated to North Queensland as a single man but I cannot find any shipping records and that his parents stayed behind in England somewhere.  I reckon England because I assume the Young Surname would be English but maybe its not.

Any ideas or hints on my next moves in solving my Adam Edward Young birth and parents mystery would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Gerry

Offline CuriousDiana

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Edwrd YOUNG Charters Towers
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 June 10 11:50 BST (UK) »
You would get the information you require if you purchase the marriage certificate (it will state where he was born) and death certificate (it will state "where born and how long in Australian States, stating which").
diana

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Edwrd YOUNG Charters Towers
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 June 10 13:41 BST (UK) »

Diana,

Thanks for giving me the the information that I would find on the marriage and death certificates.  I'll go ahead and purchase these.

Regards

Gerry