Author Topic: THOMAS & MARGARET JONES & Family Llansilin  (Read 4572 times)

Offline sr30765

• RootsChat Extra
  • My family tree is full of nuts
    • View Profile
THOMAS & MARGARET JONES & Family Llansilin
« on: Sunday 20 June 10 11:12 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather THOMAS JONES (born 1842 at Geufron, Llansilin but registered as Evans) married Margaret Evans (1843 Wenffrwd, Llansilin) in 1862 and he was a busy boy as they produced 11 children (2 died as infants)

The JONES children were Thomas 1862, Edward 1865 (my great grandfather), John 1867, Mary 1869, Jane 1870, Matthew 1872, Richard 1874, Elizabeth 1875, Margaret Ann 1880-1881, Samuel 1880-1880 and william 1882 (all children were born at Squenantisa, Llansilin) and family lived at Squenantisa, Geufron and Glydfa in Llansilin and Nantfowk, Glyntraian on 1871- 1901 censuses.

I am struggling to find information on just TWO children and have obtained a few duff MCs for John.

Can anyone help me find a marriage / family / death for John Jones and Mary Jones please
Our motto - "Know the truth not live a lie"

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: THOMAS & MARGARET JONES & Family Llansilin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 June 10 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi  and welcome to Rootschat  :)

A tricky one - I've got more of my fair share of Jones  :-\

Have you looked on the 1911 census for them?

Can you give me the 1901 census reference, please? Not locating Thomas or Margaret at the moment

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sr30765

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 June 10 11:52 BST (UK) »
You name it, I've done it. I have trawled through all census and have obtained 3 / 4 duff MCs for John and 1 for Mary. I know a tiny bit about Mary as I have found out many secrets but still searching for confirmed marriages (if they did), families and certain deaths.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 June 10 11:57 BST (UK) »
What possible married names do you have for her  and was she with them on the 1901 as Jones?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline sr30765

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 June 10 12:04 BST (UK) »
Mary was still single in 1891 (had 2 IG daughters 1891 & 1893) so any marriage was after then. Have tracked all descendants of both these IG daughters but descendants were not aware of the grandmother / great grandmother's secret.

I thought I had the correct Mary in 1911 living at Llangollen (born Llansilin) and married c1899 with 2 more daughters after marriage but that MC has wrong father etc.

It is possible that Mary could have died after birth of her 2nd IG daughter as that daughter was brought by her newly married uncle (my great grandparents) as a "sister" to my nan when in actual fact she was a cousin.

Oh, the Jones's certainly knew how to beat the registration system

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 June 10 12:20 BST (UK) »
I think that their decendant is following the family trait  ;D

You've not given me any census refs or names to tag on to so that I can do a big search  :)

Anything at all might help.

Gadget

Offline sr30765

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 20 June 10 12:29 BST (UK) »
I am progressing very well down the stems of all 7 other children who survived, plus the 4 that my great great grandfather had by his second wife. Let's see if any of these and future descendants I find may have a clue.

One things for sure, my Tom Jones may not have been able to sing, he had a drink problem that got him evicted from one home but something was working ok with him (15 kids)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 June 10 12:42 BST (UK) »
Which Mary Jones are you following on the IGI?

Regards
William Russeell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 20 June 10 12:47 BST (UK) »
William - I think the IG was for illegitimate  :)