Author Topic: Wilkie  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Brad1962

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wilkie
« on: Monday 21 June 10 00:18 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information on the Wilkie family.  I know the family came from Scotland, don't know exactly when they came to America. I do have an early record of a Robert Wilkie owning land in Midlothian County in 1535.

Thanks for any help.
Livermore, Lee, Wilkey, Caywood, Hyneman, Robb, Hitchcock, Burt, Johnson, Taylor, Rainey, Ritchie, Barrett, Dent, Denton, Hale, Benton, Patton, Clem, Loveless, Garwood, Bridge, Chambers, Young/Jung, Field

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
Re: Wilkie
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 June 10 03:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Brad, welcome to RootsChat.  :D
Do you have a line to work back on? eg; who is the most recent person of that name that you have?
Bearing in mind that living people must not be named on this site.
It will help researchers if we have a starting point.
Leonie.
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline Brad1962

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 June 10 17:15 BST (UK) »
The only thing that I have of the Wilkie family, is a family Bible entry, saying that the Wilike Family came from Scotland in the 1600's. I am researching the place where my first ancestor that I know, was born in 1732 in Orange County, North Carolina. His name was William Wilkie/Wilkey.

I was just wanting to know if anyone else was doing any research on the family and if so if perhaps there was a connection?

I have the Wilkie/Wilkey in America from 1732 to the present day, if anyone is interested.

Thank you for replying.
Livermore, Lee, Wilkey, Caywood, Hyneman, Robb, Hitchcock, Burt, Johnson, Taylor, Rainey, Ritchie, Barrett, Dent, Denton, Hale, Benton, Patton, Clem, Loveless, Garwood, Bridge, Chambers, Young/Jung, Field

Offline wilkiejk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 February 24 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Saw this very old post from you on NC Wilkies. They are my ancestors and I would like to know more about the bible entry you mention and what evidence you have of a william b 1732 in Orange County. THANKS