Author Topic: Ann Hughes - Talparn Farm Llangollen Help Required  (Read 2290 times)

Offline chippyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Hughes - Talparn Farm Llangollen Help Required
« on: Tuesday 22 June 10 08:41 BST (UK) »
Hi !

I apologise I am very need to tracing my ancestors and I am trying to find my great grandmothers parents,  Ann Hughes was born in 1865 and  I can find her on the 1891 census living at Talparn Farm, Llangollen under Ann Jones, I know this is the right Ann due to Husband's name and children.  Ann died in 1896 during child birth and John had remarried a lady called Jane by the time of the 1901 census.

I am struggling to find any information on Talparn Farm or Ann Hughes prior to this, and would be grateful for any pointers.

Kind regards

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Hughes - Talparn Farm Llangollen Help Required
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 June 10 13:33 BST (UK) »
First of all I wish you a very warm welcome to Rootschat.I hope that I don't confuse you with the Welsh placenames!In the 1891 Census the farm that your John and Ann are living at is after reading the entry called Talfryn.Talfryn farm is given as being in Glyntraian which was one of the townships of Llangollen.John is said to have been born in Glyntraian in c 1863.Ann is given as being born in Glyn Ceiriog which is about four or five miles away from Llangollen.In the 1871 Census I can only find one Ann Hughes said to have been born in Glyn Ceiriog in c 1865.She is given as being born in Llansantfraidd Glyn Ceiriog in c 1865 the daughter of a John and Margaret Hughes.RG10/5684/14/6.The Llansantffraidd was given as a prefix to a few Welsh villages at that time.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chippyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Hughes - Talparn Farm Llangollen Help Required
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 June 10 18:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your help,  I appreciate you taking the time, and the information is extremely useful, I will endeavour to plow onwards.