Author Topic: Missing Schroeder!!  (Read 3600 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Schroeder!!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 October 10 21:41 BST (UK) »
Here is your obit*, although it hold no extra information...There was nothing elsewhere regarding the death...If there was an inquest, it wasn't newsworthy...

I seem to be having problems with getting spammed as people are adding my email address to their address list when I send them info...also some are not getting the email, so am trying something different...
Your lookups will be posted here so go and look right away as I will want to delete them as soon as I can so as to not load up my service provider with huge files...Please acknowledge that you have seen/copied them!!

*My url since removed...contact thread owner for the obit information...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline amber39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 October 10 08:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much for taking the trouble to look for the obituary in Winnipeg newspapers.
It is lovely to have and there was the information that Vincent served in the 2nd World War in the R.C.A.F.
Thank you again this means so much to the family.

Regards     Amber39
Norfolk: Copling,Coppen ,Oakley, Vertigans, Cracknell
Suffolk:  Grist, Scopes, Bullenthorpe. Knights,Watcham
Cambs.: Wilson, Andrews.
London: Monk

We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, but more in the light of what they suffer.  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 October 10 13:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Amber,

I live not too far from Winnipeg, just across the provincial line in Northern Ontario. At times the cemeteries in our town, bodied were put in a storage building during winter after freeze up. The reason given was that when the ground was too hard to dig (by hand) during winter freeze up (and some winters were extremely long) the bodies would not actually be buried till the ground thawed. This was before in the days when they didn't have big machinery to do the job. The storage could have been as late as early May. But, not sure if that would have happened in Winnipeg with your ancestor?

Hope that helps, JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 October 10 19:50 BST (UK) »
This was August...but... I just realized there was a flood that year, so the ground was likely too saturated !!
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline amber39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 October 10 12:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you both  J.D.C.  and J.J. for your suggestions as to the postponed burial

Both of you have a point. If the ground was flooded and then it subsequently froze , there is the answer !!!         Solved.

Regards   Amber39
Norfolk: Copling,Coppen ,Oakley, Vertigans, Cracknell
Suffolk:  Grist, Scopes, Bullenthorpe. Knights,Watcham
Cambs.: Wilson, Andrews.
London: Monk

We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, but more in the light of what they suffer.  Dietrich Bonhoeffer