Author Topic: west calder cemetry  (Read 2878 times)

Offline sarnia23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
west calder cemetry
« on: Thursday 24 June 10 07:50 BST (UK) »
hi would someone be kind enough to go and photograph a grave for me it is in westend cemetry
section bc
lair 299
it contains 5 people mainly calders
Janet died 1904  janet 1915 elizabeth 1917
agnes 1918 thomas hislop 1944  and thomas calder 1945
I would like a photo it is to send to calder reletives in america
many thanks  sarnia23

Offline Cauther Lassie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: west calder cemetry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 July 10 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Sarnia23,

I'm attaching photographs of Section BC of West Calder Cemetery, I've photographed the whole of Section BC and though I may have missed a headstone, I don't think I would have missed a Calder headstone, as I've researched the Calders pretty thoroughly as they are a part of my family.   There are several Calder Plots in that Section, but sadly no headstones.  Janet Rae (1st wife of Thomas) died 15 4 1904 and was interred 18 4 1904, she died of spinal sarcoma aged 27, they were living at 3 Forth Street (The Happy Land) in West Calder at the time.  Janet Wilson Calder died 24 11 1915 interred 26 11 1915, the family (Thomas & 2nd wife Janet Wilson) were in Clyde Street, (still The Happy Land) at that time.    Janet was 3 years old.   

I'm transcribing the West Calder Burial Records and have only finished up until 1915, so a ways to go!

I've just tried to send you some photographs but they exceed the allowed filesize on this site, I'll send you a private massage with my email address, if you contact me, then I can send them.

cheers ...  Meg

I've just finished transcribing
Graham, Dundas, Tweedie, Somerville, Robb, Watson, Gillespie, Main, Stenhouse, Gilmour, Sneddon, McPheat, all Cauther Families.