Author Topic: SHAMBROCK family  (Read 4729 times)

Offline keefer68

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shambrook family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 February 09 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Garys....sorry I can't be of any help..I'm still stuck where I was in July 2006 but then I haven't done much research on this line.  But I wanted to make sure I left you a post back so you know that someone is still reading these posts.  I will be more than happy to share with you the info that I have on my line. Perhaps my mary Shambrook is a sister to your James.
Tucker-Devon, Shambrook-Devon, Abel-Norfolk, Kerrison-Norfolk

Offline garys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shambrook family
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 February 09 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi keefer, thanks for the reply and it's good to know that this thread is still being viewed.
Most of my research so far has been from the Census records and I have traced my grandparent back to 1841 where James was aged 25 and his wife Ann 30.  They had children Thomas (5), Rebecca (3) and Mary (7 months).  That's why I thought the other post seemed to coincide with mine.  There seems to be a number of Thomas's and Mary's in the family around that time and your Mary may well have been James sister.
My ancestors eventually moved to London but I'm not quite sure of when or why.  Devon seeemed to be a popular place for Shambrooks around that time!

Offline meggylux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: SHAMBROCK family
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 April 09 10:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am not a member of the Shambrook family, BUT, I have been checking out the headstones in Fremington churchyard.... eventually to send to the gravestone project.

http://www.gravestonephotos.com.

It is still a work in progress, having photographed approx 1/2 the churchyard.

Anyway back to the plot, if it is any use to anyone I have found a headstone for the following branch of the Shambrook family.

Mary Shambrook died Nov 1st 1903 age 69
husband William Shambrook d. Aug 12th 1913 age 81
son Thomas Thorne Shambrook d. Jan 13 1939 age 76.