Author Topic: Eliza Parker Stockport, 1881 Look Up  (Read 921 times)

Offline wondawend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Eliza Parker Stockport, 1881 Look Up
« on: Tuesday 29 March 05 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi
Can anyone spare the time to have a look for Eliza Parker in 1881 census.  She was born Stockport Cheshire about 1874.  Her father was penned Richard at her marriage  in 1909 but that is all I have on her at the moment.
I can't find her birth record either.  Any suggestions ::)
  Here's hoping
Wendy

Offline CU

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Parker Stockport, 1881 Look Up
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 March 05 08:51 BST (UK) »
You can look at the census returns for 1881 free or charge on

www.familysearch.org

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 March 05 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy
               Can you tell us where and who she married, was her father down as deceased on the certificate and what was his occupation, were the witnesses related to her, have you got anything from the 1901 census ?

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline wondawend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 March 05 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter
Thanks for replying.  Eliza married Llewellyn John Manley on 13 May 1909.  Her father Richard is down as Journeyman and then I can't read the rest - it's a very bad copy!.  Llewellyn and Eliza had children Florence, Maria and John all born in 1890's For 1901 census they were all living at 35 Randalph Road, Everton (same address as given for both of them at wedding).  Witnesses were T R Wright and J A Shrelfall?.  They don't mean anything to me.
I have looked at census but can't seem to find her.  I hoped someone with more experience and brain power might find something that I could'nt.
Here's hoping....
Wendy

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 March 05 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy
               I think something is not right here the 1901 census for 35 Randolf street shows

RG13-3497-Folio 78

John Manley 29 freight clerk born Liverpool
Florence Manley 27                       Liverpool
Florence    ~       6                         Liverpool
Maria        ~        4                         Liverpool
John         ~         2                        Liverpool

Did Florence senior die before 1906 and then John married Eliza  ???

think I am going to have to sleep on this one Wendy  ;D

peterbennett

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline wondawend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 March 05 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter
Sorry , everytime I ask for your help I cause you problems!  My Llewellyn Manley is Llewellyn John Manley and so I presumed he had reverted to John as his first  name.  Also Eliza was Eliza Florence, so again I presumed the same.  But you could have a point.  Perhaps I should look and see if Llewellyn had married before to a Florence!!
Thanks again and other help would be most gratefully received.  As you can see I need lots!! ;D
Wendy

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 March 05 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy  :)
                The 1901 census states both John and Florence were born Liverpool  ???
                Can you tell me why you think she was born Stockport ?

peterbennett  ;D

Offline wondawend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 31 March 05 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter
I don't quite know how to tell you this but .... it seems that the Stockport thing was a bit of very early detective work which obviously went seriously wrong!!!  I think I ws just looking up individuals and not putting them together.  Cringe with embarassment.  Why does the nutter always sit next to me? you may well ask.  In my normal life I am quite competent (don't quote me on that) but somehow in this field I keep getting my knickers in a twist.  Many, many profuse apologies and just as many thanks for spotting my error.  I don'tl even like to say that at the moment I have had no luck tracing her in Lancashire either - but that's another story and (thankfully for you) not your area.  I promise to try harder in future.
Wendy :P