Author Topic: Annie Frayne (May) SEERY, Edward John Victor WILLIAMS  (Read 12366 times)

Offline shelby4178

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Frayne (May) SEERY, Edward John Victor WILLIAMS
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 07:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Bored,

Do you mean that his surname was Frayne?

Thanks Shelby

Offline Monaro Area NSW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 07:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Shelby,
I assume so...nothing else is noted -under father it has Frayne-under mother it is blank.

James and Maria's daughter Catherine died 3 Aug 1900.  An unwed Catherine SEERY has a son Edward Burtenshaw SEERY 24 Jul 1900 and he dies 30 Aug 1900.
James and Maria's son William died 23 Jan 1913.
Someone already posted Maria's death.
There is a death for a James SEERY 14 Sep 1910 Father Michael SEERY / Mother Mary TRAY (??)

Bored
Sorry had to change Thomas to Michael.

Offline KarynDuff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 22 July 10 13:21 BST (UK) »
Shelby
Yes, I do believe we would be second cousins - and you would have very many of them in Queensland, (especially in Central Qld) and some in NSW...
My family tree is posted on Ancestry.com (DuffFamily, I think)  Someone else has information there as well, looks like from the Annie Frayne side to me, but they have tied in to the James Seery and Maria McNulty people who were not ours (not saying they weren't somehow connected).  Our Seery's were very much Central Qld farmers. (I suspect they were probably farmers in Ireland - maybe flax)
Annie Frayne's father was a farmer - and the children all grew up at Midgee, south of Rockhampton.  Talking to my mother again, she has told me that our Grandmothers' mother - Mary Ellen (nee Smith) - was a wild Irish woman, and loved to bet on the ponies.  She must've just upsticks and moved into Rocky so she could go to the track and play cards.  I'm guessing she lost more than she made.  She also apparently had a boyfriend (scandal).  James eventually sold the property - and died when he was staying with another sister, Alice. 
I'm assuming that the manure would've hit the ceiling when Annie Frayne found herself with child - and then married, perhaps quickly and badly.  This may be why she had to leave - who knows?  Mum said Annie's daughters actually brought her up with them when they came north - and Annie actually spent some time at my family's cattle property (north of Rocky).  They drove her around on the back of a flat bed truck sitting on some hay, and she loved every minute of it - they were bona fide country girls.  She would've been pretty old then, I should think.
If you want to contact me off-site, I would be more than happy to give you my details (though I don't know what the protocol here is - I only joined when I stumbled upon your post).
Regards
Karyn

Offline shelby4178

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 25 July 10 08:51 BST (UK) »
Good Evening Karyn,

I've just not long come in from work and am now relaxing with a coffee. Your last post made for some very interesting reading. Slowly slowly, things are starting to make more sense.

That other person that you saw on ancestry was me. I mistakingly added Maria McNulty. I have since deleted that side and started a fresh with the information you have provided me. My family tree name is Sharrock/Williams. I have noticed the Duff tree appear alot actually.

I would be more than happy for you to contact me, my email is (*)

I look forward to hearing from you, Michelle  :)

Moderator Comment: (*) email address removed as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Offline EllenS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 00:36 GMT (UK) »
My great grandmother was Mary Gertrude Seery, born in Tullamore Ireland in 1863 to James Seery, farmer, and Catherine Frayne. She arrived in Queensland with parents some time before 1871 when her sister Elizabeth was born.
A witness to her marriage in 1883 to John Hogan was Margaret Mary Seery, presumed to be another sister.
I think the James Seery you have identified (married to Mary Ellen Smith) might be Mary Gertrude's brother.
I am happy to provide information on Mary Gertrude's descendants. Her youngest daughter, Mary Cecilia Hogan, was my grandmother.

Offline Meka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 20 February 11 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi! EllenS,
I am also a descendant of James Seery and Catherine Frayne. Great Grandaughter of James and Mary Ellen Seery. You are correct, Mary Gertrude and James are brother and sister. Margaret Mary Seery is a sister, as well as Elizabeth, and there is another brother, Patrick. Margaret's married name was Salmon. I've been researching the family for some time and have some information on the Hogan's  and Salmon's. I was just recently looking for information on Mary Cecilia.
 Progress is slow with the Seery Family research but I am gradually  putting things  together.
I would like to share information with you and would also appreciate any help you could give with the Hogans. I would like to contact you privately if this is okay.
Regards,
Meka

Acheson, Seery, Batts, Dobson, Hogan, Salmon

Offline EllenS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 20 February 11 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cousin Meka
I'm very glad to have heard from you.
I have detailed information on the Hogan family, which I keep on an excel spreadsheet and am happy to send to you if you can read that format.
In summary, Mary Gertrude Seery and John Hogan married in 1883 and had 10 children, of whom 3 sons died in infancy. The surviving children were John Joseph, James, Thomas, Alice, Kathleen, Margaret and Mary Cecilia, born between 1884 and 1900. John Hogan died in 1933 and Mary Gertrude in 1930.
If you can send your email we can continue the correspondence.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 20 February 11 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Meka and Ellen,

If you post a couple more times our secure PM system will be available. We use this system to share email addresses and other personal information privately. We do not allow email addresses to be posted to the public boards. You need to have made 3 postings to the public boards before the PM system is fully functional.

Information on the PM system.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

All the best with the contact.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Meka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 21 February 11 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi! Again EllenS,
Lots of Rellies!
Our ancestors certainly did have large families. James and Mary Ellen had 9 children that  I have details of, and my Grandmother said there was
also a set of twins which died. I haven't found records for the twins. Maybe they were lost during  the pregnancy.
Margaret Salmon (Seery) had 14 children, three of which died in infancy.
My grandmother Alice Acheson (Seery) had 12 children, two of which died in infancy.
So we will have a lot to share. Out of curiousity, are there any twins in the Hogan family? My uncle had 2 sets of twins and my daughter has a set of twins (girls).
I see we have to have 3 posts each to be able to send a private message so I will endeavour to make some other posts.
Cheerio,
Meka 
Acheson, Seery, Batts, Dobson, Hogan, Salmon