Author Topic: Harte family daingean  (Read 6707 times)

Offline Harte2010

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harte family daingean
« on: Thursday 01 July 10 02:24 BST (UK) »
i was researching my family surname Harte on d web wen i came across this site. i was reading the conversation with a harte from birr that i noticed someone knew some of my relations graves in daingean graveyard another harte grave is in daingean cemetary Bridget Harte maiden name smith she is my grandmother, my grandfather is orginally from daingean i think mary kate and micheal on of the graves you mentioned is my great grandparents. i was wandering can you tell me about the harte's from daingean??

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Harte family daingean
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 July 10 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hiya and Welcome to Rootschat....I don`t know whether you are aware but Daingean was formerly known as Phillipstown named after Mary Tudors husband - Phillip of Spain , so when you are researching any Harte from Daingean , you may have to look for Phillipstown as well in your research...on www.familysearch.org if you put in Harte in the surname and Ireland in the country box and nothing else , there are over 1000 entries...the earliest HARTE I could find for Daingean or Phillipstown was ROSE HARTE, Phillipstown 1710..she married Andre Labat....I would think there are earlier, but I have only glanced at the pages,,,,you will need to trawl through them slowly to find your Harte in Daingean / Phillipstown......good luck....allan
here is a link explaining Daingean / Phillipstown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daingean
 :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline enfield

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 July 10 12:52 BST (UK) »
From 'The Offaly War Dead.'
HARTE, WILLIAM. Date of Death:31-December-1915. Service No:3133. Born in Philipstown,

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 May 11 22:40 BST (UK) »
Headstones in Daingean.

Edward Harte; Ballymullen
8/8/1976
Father; Michael;
12/3/1934
Mother; Mary Kate;
4/5/1952
---------
Teresa Harte; Ballymullen
18/3/1989 (71)
---------
Joseph Harte; Fortfield Drive Daingean
22/4/1985 (67)
Mary (wife);
7/7/1999 (73)
---------
Jack

Offline Jodie160

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 August 14 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My Aunt Elizabeth was your Grandmother. Your grandfather John died last year. Is this the same family ? I know some details if you are still interested .