Author Topic: Ida Lillian Gordon -Renfrewshire, Scotland obit  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Redwagon1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ida Lillian Gordon -Renfrewshire, Scotland obit
« on: Thursday 01 July 10 22:36 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Ida Lilian (Pickles) Gordon. Last known residence was in Renfrewshire, Scotland in the year 1979. I know this from a funeral that she attended in Victoria, British Columbia of her brother inlaw. Here is his obit.
Gordon-Daniel Marshall,
    Q.C.  LLD, on November 19, 1979, at his residence, 2849 Burdick Avenue, Oak Bay. Predeceased by his sister, Jessie Gordon, he is survived by his niece, Christine Anne Gordon, at his home and two other nieces, Mrs. Bridget MacKenzie and Dr. Janet Gordon and sister in-law, Mrs. Ida Lillian Gordon of Renfrewshire, Scotland.

Funeral service in McCall Bros. Johnson at Vancouver Streets, on Friday, November 23, at 2:00 p.m. with the Very Rev. Doctor J.L.W. McLean officiating. Interment in the family plot at Ross Bay Cemetery.
( No flowers by request ).
According to ancestry BMD says that she died in Sheffield, England the year 1980 Jan.-March.

Offline Redwagon1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ida Lillian Gordon -Renfrewshire, Scotland obit
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 July 10 02:01 BST (UK) »
I have found out from Scotlands People that she died in the year 2002 at Black Isle, Scotland. Getting back to her late husband Eric Valentine Gordon. I found him listed in a Derbyshire Private Residents Directory.
" Gordon Eric Valentine, Hollgirt, Marple Bridge, Stockport. T. N. Marple 449.
What does Hollgirt mean for that area? This would be in 1938.