Author Topic: Ann Neal - Newbold Verdon b 1834  (Read 5789 times)

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Neal - Newbold Verdon b 1834
« Reply #27 on: Monday 12 December 16 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Wow everyone ----- Wow Wow Wow!

I am amazed she is still popping up when she wishes too.

I came back to this site and this thread because of a conversation with my sister.

I have just started my summer/Christmas holidays. So I will be definitely looking into this further.

Thank you so much, Love Trisha

PS I doubt she would have had a head stone but my brother and sister are both heading to England in 2017 - it would be wonderful to visit her grave.
Gadsby's, Farmers, Neals - Leicestershire
Freemans, Littles, Corbetts, Branns - Australia

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lorraine Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 17 February 17 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I have been spending far too much time on the computer recently as Find My Past released Leicestershire records on-line last month.  I have found a number of interesting things, including a positive record of the burial of George Neal of Fish Pond Cottages on 10th September 1918 in Coleorton.  I think he is almost certainly buried in a grave with no headstone at St. John's Chapel in Coleorton, where there are a number of unmarked grave plots near the grave of Rebecca Meadows nee Neal.  Unfortunately the details of who was buried where at St. John's was destroyed (after a scandal where someone was allegedly buried in the wrong plot), so we are unlikely to ever know for sure unless someone in the family still knows by word of mouth.  Still no record of Theodesia though, but still looking. Trishia -  I have found the original parish record for the marriage of your grandma and granddad, my Uncle Lol and Aunt Maggie - if you would like me to send you the PDF let me have an e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.  Best wishes to everyone.  Lorraine
Neal
Wilkins
Warner
Bird
Concannon
Hickling
Barnes
Hicks
Bennett

Offline Sarah63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 February 17 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Well done Lorraine, I didn't know FindMyPast had released the Leicestershire records I fear I'm about to loose my half term holiday to research  :D . I went to st Johns with my parents last September so I know where you mean re the unmarked graves. I will ask my gt aunt who is George Neal's granddaughter (though she was born long after he died) she may know though she does get confused these days. We need to find what happened to Theodosisa, I have sessions searching but haven't got any further, you'd think looking for someone over 90 when they died would narrow it down!! Anyway happy hunting Lorraine and hope your Ok, same to you Trisha, I'm heading over to the FindMyPast website to loose a few hours, I mean do some research. Sarah x

Offline Lorraine Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 18 February 17 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Sarah, you have my sympathies, why is no one warning people how addictive this is?  Having all those lovely original parish records means I almost feel obliged to have a look through them, just to see if I recognise anyone.  I went through Desford burials yesterday between 1861 and 1872 but unable to find Theo, although I think I did find her daughter Ann Spencer there, who was buried on 2nd November 1866 aged 70 years.  Could Theo have outlived her daughter?  I also checked Market Bosworth burials for the same period, in case she was in the work house, but no sign there either.  I keep trying different searches, if anything comes of it I'll let you know.  Best wishes - Lorraine
Neal
Wilkins
Warner
Bird
Concannon
Hickling
Barnes
Hicks
Bennett

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 19 February 17 01:35 GMT (UK) »

Lorraine THANK YOU SO MUCH I will PM you.

I have written this post about 5 times but my ramblings would be better as a PM

Hi Sarah, we will find Theodosia - (one day we will know how to spell her name)
Gadsby's, Farmers, Neals - Leicestershire
Freemans, Littles, Corbetts, Branns - Australia

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk