Author Topic: Hutchens/Roscrow/Mann/Oliver/Berryman Families.  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hutchens/Roscrow/Mann/Oliver/Berryman Families.
« on: Saturday 22 May 04 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone!

I'm currently researching my cornish roots and would like contact with anyone researching the above names.   Benjamin Hutchens b.1840 in St. Buryan.  His parents were John Hutchens b.1784 in St. Buryan and Elizabeth Mann b.1811 in St. Buryan.  His grandparents on his father's side were William Hutchens b.1754 in St. Buryan and Ann Berryman.  His grandparents on his mother's side were John Mann and Jane Oliver.  Benjamin married Elizabeth Roscrow in Clare South Australia in 1868 and they had at least 8 children - Rosetta, Junie, Clementina, Elizabeth, Phillipa, William, Charles and Myrtle.
I look forward to hearing from anyone who has an interest in this family tree.

Kind Regards from Mozzie. ;)
Poolman, Polden, Scratchley (Wiltshire/Somerset): Hutchens, Roscrow, Mann (Cornwall/St.Buryan): Bradshaw, Squires, Griffen, Griffin (Surrey/Battersea): Brown, Hedgley (Essex/Southend).  Also Bradshaw, Roscrow and Hutchens in Australia.

Offline Simon-Hawking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hutchens/Roscrow/Mann/Oliver/Berryman Families.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 September 04 21:08 BST (UK) »
Cn you give more info on the ROSCROW side of your family?  Births, locations etc.  I have this name in my family - and especially an Elizabeth (2 actually).

Simon.

Offline Simon-Hawking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 14:51 BST (UK) »
Do you have an Ann Mann b1722 marrying a William MURLEY in 1754?

If so, you may have a link to my family.

Simon.

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 September 04 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon,
I have quite a few Ann Manns' in my family tree but can't find one that married a William Murley in 1754.  My great, great, great grandmother was an Elizabeth Mann who married John Hutchens in 1832 in St. Buryan, Cornwall. 
Regards from Mozzie.
Poolman, Polden, Scratchley (Wiltshire/Somerset): Hutchens, Roscrow, Mann (Cornwall/St.Buryan): Bradshaw, Squires, Griffen, Griffin (Surrey/Battersea): Brown, Hedgley (Essex/Southend).  Also Bradshaw, Roscrow and Hutchens in Australia.

Offline peter3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 November 04 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Dear
My great great grandfather was John Mann 1766-1847 and his wife was Jane Oliver 1789-????. They were born and lived in Paul and St Buryan Cornwall.I have the tree from him to me and I am wondering if they relate to you?
E-mail me on
Moderator Comment: Email Address Removed to avoid Spamming - use a Personal Message to contact this user
and I will send you everything I have.
cheers
Peter Mann

Offline peter3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 November 04 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Dear Amanda
Thanks for your e-mail...great.
I will make more sense of this next week when I have more time and get back to you. Meanwhile here some quick answers now for you now.

Apparently John* and Jane (oliver) had a son John Mann 1800-1877 married to Johanna Warren 1818-1896
They had a son William Mann 1847-1937 who had two wives: Millicent pearce and Elizabeth Mildren.
William had lots of children, one of whom was my father Richard Mann 1908-1999

* I have a long list of brothers and sisters of John

Get back to you next week

many thanks

peter Mann