Author Topic: school records  (Read 1275 times)

Offline chepstowgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
school records
« on: Saturday 03 July 10 17:49 BST (UK) »
does anyone know if there are any school records online, for the Pontypool area, around 1845-1860?

Im trying to track someone down and having trouble as I fear their entry on the 1861 census may be amongst the missing pages for the area. i thought that since I cant find him on the census, I might find him some other way.

Does anyone have any ideas apart from school records?

Thank you very much

Jules
Wright - Lincolnshire; Daymond - Devon; Murray - Co Cork; East - Hereforshire; Underwood - Blaenafon/Trevethin;

Offline patty01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: school records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 20:20 BST (UK) »
You would have to go to County Hall in Cwmbran where they hold all the records for Monmouthshire and Torfean. That where i found my grandfathers school records. They are opened on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Offline chepstowgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 August 10 08:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks Patty - I will take a day off sometime soon and go look  :D
Wright - Lincolnshire; Daymond - Devon; Murray - Co Cork; East - Hereforshire; Underwood - Blaenafon/Trevethin;

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 August 10 08:24 BST (UK) »
I tried looking about 2 years ago for the Pontypool ones while trying to trace my family and was told that they were in the National Archive. However I have been unable to locate them myself.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives