Author Topic: My confusing Nangle Families COMPLETED WITH THANKS  (Read 3644 times)

Offline patren

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My confusing Nangle Families COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« on: Sunday 04 July 10 12:31 BST (UK) »
My gt.grandfather Thomas Nangle b.1839 Ballinafad,Aghangh,Co.Sligo married Margaret McClung in St.Patricks RC Church, Sunderland 8 Aug 1869.  They had 8 children of which only two survived - my grandmother Mary Theresa b.1888 Sumderland and her brother Thomas William b.1879 Bishopwearmouth.  I have found a birth for Thomas William, but I'm unable to find a death for him.  He married Margaret Pickering in 1909 in Sunderland and their last child was born 1927.  Margaret died 1970.
My gt,grandfather's brother Patrick b.1841 married Eleanor Clarke Price in Sunderland 28.12.1872 and one of their children was Thomas b.1876 (from census), but I can't find a birth for him.  I have what I think is his death in 1924 age 47 Vol 10a p.1063.
Can anyone help me find a death for Thomas William b.1879 and a birth for Thomas b,1876, please?
Regards Patricia
Berwickshire-Davidson,Ross & Cromarty-
Ross, Campbell,  Northumberland-Renwick,Brittain,Dixon,Wallace, Cumberland-Renwick,Byer, Italy-Iezzi

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: My confusing Nangle Families
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 July 10 14:39 BST (UK) »
Have you tried this one?  Thomas Nangle 1876 June ¼ Sunderland 10a 711 
This is not from Free BMD==they have as Nan_le  but I looked at it and it looks like the missing letter is a G to me.

Janis 
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patren

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 July 10 17:07 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Janis, I think this is him.   I've managed to have a look at the image on  A* and it certainly seems to be a G.
Patricia
Ross, Campbell,  Northumberland-Renwick,Brittain,Dixon,Wallace, Cumberland-Renwick,Byer, Italy-Iezzi

Offline Mr J T Arthur

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 July 10 08:11 BST (UK) »
Oddly enough another another Patrick Nangle son of Thomas married Mary Ann Mattimore at St Mary's, Bishopwearmouth 28th November 1872 and had a son Thomas the following year after which I can't trace them, so two Patrick Nangles married at Sunderland in a month. My interest is in the name Mattimore, original name Mattimoe which in turn was interchangeable with Milmoe or Milmore.

My Mattimoe/Milmoe ancestors originated from Carrigeenfad in the Catholic parish of Aghanagh, Co Sligo to the north of the parish but there weren't many Nangles about there , they mostly lived to the south of the parish in Co Roscommon as it extended beyond the County border. The church was situated at Ballinafad which is just inside the Sligo border.

Whilst the Catholic parish spans two counties the civil parish of Aghanagh is entirely in Co Sligo which can be confusing.

Good luck,
J.T.A.

Offline patren

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 July 10 15:52 BST (UK) »
I have come across your family in my researching and have been trying to find a connection.  I have two records for your Patrick and Thomas which may interest you, so I will PM you.
Patricia