Author Topic: WEBB family, Plymouth  (Read 4702 times)

Offline SilenceWebb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WEBB family, Plymouth
« on: Wednesday 07 July 10 02:46 BST (UK) »
Thought I would list some of my Webb family to see if I might have distant cousins here :)

William Henry Rablin Webb   b1845, Plymouth, married in 1867, Plymouth to Elizabeth Bevel. Children: Elizabeth Rachel E. Webb (1867), William Henry Rablin Webb (1871), Ernest Webb (1876).
The 1871 Census shows the family living at Amity Place, Charles, Plymouth. No occupations are listed. The 1881 Census shows the family living at 13, Chedworth St, Plymouth Charles. William was apparently a Hair Dresser and Perfumer. A William Henry R. Webb was born in December 1869 and died in Plymouth in March of 1870 aged 0 years. A William H R Webb died in December 1914 aged 69 in Plymouth.

William Henry Rablin Webb   b1871, Plymouth, married 1897, Plymouth to Mary Jane Coles (1870-1947). Children: William Henry Rablin Webb (1898), Fred George Webb (1901-1904),
Charles Ernest Webb (1905).
The 1901 Census shows William, Mary, and their son William Henry Rablin Webb living at 16 Mutley Plain, Plymouth. William’s occupation is listed as being a Carpenter.
William Henry Rablin Webb (1871) arrived in New York from Southampton aboard the Saint Paul on April 2nd 1905. He is only listed as William Henry Webb, but is English, last place of residence is Plymouth, is married, and his profession is listed as being a carpenter.
Mary Jane Webb arrived in New York from Southampton aboard the Saint Louis on July 6th 1907. She travelled with two sons, William Henry Rablin Webb (8yrs) and Charles Ernest Webb (2yrs). Last address is given as 11 Alexandra Road, Mutley, Plymouth. Listed as intending to stay with husband W. H. Webb in Brooklyn, New York (219 Halsey Street). She later returns to England with the two boys and they are listed in the 1911 Census of England and Wales as living at 11 Alexandra Road, Mutley, Plymouth with Mary’s parents William H and Emma Coles and her sister Elsie.
Charles E. Webb (1905) married in 1925 in Plymouth to Gladys M. Rowley (1906). Children: John Charles Webb (born and died in 1926, in Devonport), Audrey Webb (1928, Devonport), and Mary Lorna Webb (1930, Devonport).

Silence - Norfolk, Webb - Plymouth, Landricombe - Plymouth, Coles - Plymouth, Woods - Surrey.

Offline Arcblaster77

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WEBB family, Plymouth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 December 23 02:37 GMT (UK) »
 I am a direct descendant of william henry rablin webb, from plmouth devon . born 1871.came to the US in 1905 on the st paul from southhampton. he lived in brooklyn ny and never returned to england... we have no knowledge of our relatives there.  looking for info on any relatives