Author Topic: William Jones and Andrew Fleming Bancroft  (Read 4295 times)

Offline andrew_bancro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Jones and Andrew Fleming Bancroft
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 December 11 18:57 GMT (UK) »
many thanks for your reply. I'm pleased to make contact and would hope to share information with you.  This has been a long journey for me and originally I just wanted to find out why andrew fleming bancroft left cheshire and went to Birkenhead.  This has now opened up such a lot of other information.   I have slowly pieced together your tree, and I 've been following Andrew's business progress, the brickworks and the bankruptcy.   I have got back much further with his brother Samuel Bancroft, (my GGF), his wife and children.  As I have photographs of Samuel and his children, as a rare group, including mother-in-law Sarah Lovelock, I am trying to discover where Andrew Fleming was buried.  I believe it may be 1911 and probably West Derby.  (Sarah Lovelock would be our GGGM marrying George in 1845 in Stockport).
I used to live in Stockport for years, little knowing that their marriage was at a chapel I knew within walking distance!     So quite simply at this stage, I want to find out where Andrew Fleming Bancroft is buried, and ,maybe what he looked like. !    I imagine the brothers had a resemblance.   If he has a gravestone I would also like to take a photograph with your families permission.   
Will you please 'send me a message' on Rootweb, then it will link to us.  Also my email is * if that is easier.   I would very much like to find out more about my namesake Andrew Fleming B, and look forward to hearing  from you.
Andrew Bancroft.    ( I guess this make us cousins' removed several times!)

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline stanley_bancro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 December 11 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your very quick reply. Fantastic news. The fact that you have photographs of Samuel and Sarah Lovelock is just amazing.

As regards contact, I am new to Roots and havn't worked out what RootWeb is yet so am replying as before. Email is easy in many respects as we can attach whatever documents or photos we like. At present my other cousin and I use the non audio version of Skype. We could set up a three way chat room. Everything sent is printed on a on going page so you can scroll back to check anything. It is very useful.

My email address is: * If you drop me a line on this we can start. We are third cousins by the way. We both look forward to hearing from you soon.

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Trevor Hadley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 October 20 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I am researching my Mother's family (Dorothy, née Bancroft) and came across this thread, although I can't see how old it is. I have quite an extensive tree on MyH which includes some of your families. My mother is descended from Ephraim Bancroft, son of George and Sarah and brother to your relatives. I would be pleased to make contact if any of you are still working on your trees. Not sure how, as new to this site. Trevor Hadley