Author Topic: charlotte nicholson, nee dunn  (Read 3617 times)

Offline nigelp

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: charlotte nicholson, nee dunn
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 July 10 21:17 BST (UK) »
Nigelp

I think you have convinced this doubting Thomas ,well done !!

Regards   Amber39

Hi Amber 39,

Thanks.

The only difficulty I have with the above is that the marriage of George Nicholson to Sarah Webb in 1871 could have depended only on the death of Thomas Webb. Since Charlotte has not been accounted for in 1861 it is possible that she could have died earlier.

For example, a possible scenario is that George and Charlotte Nicholson moved to Harwich (and which could explain how George became a fishmonger). The following could then be Charlotte's death:

NICHOLSON Charlotte - 4a 156 Tendring Mar 1858 qtr

This may also offer an explanation as to how George met Sarah and why Charlotte cannot be found in 1861. However, I prefer the earlier suggestion and the death in Norwich in 1871 because of the following burial:

9 Mar 1858 - Charlotte Nicholson - St John The Baptist, Great Clacton - age 60
(Great Clacton is in Tendring district and the age of 60, if correct, would rule out George Nicholson's wife)

Nigel
Essex - Burrell, Thorogood
Norfolk - Alcock, Bowen, Bowers, Breeze, Burton, Creamer, Hammond, Sparkes, Wakefield, Wiggett
North Devon - Burgess, Chalacombe, Collacott, Goss
Northamptonshire - George, Letts, Muscutt, Richardson
Somerset - Barber
Wiltshire - Brine, Burges, Carey, Gray, Lywood, Musselwhite, Perris, Read, Turner, Wilkins

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline paston

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 July 10 09:15 BST (UK) »
 :)thank  :) :) :) you so much  :D i think  them living together seems correct and getting married later when they can. mystery solved

Offline mungral

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 April 16 07:44 BST (UK) »
Charlotte's husband George Nicholson 1826 son of James and Mary Ann Nicholson (late Hopson) is a brother of my G G Grandfather William Nicholson.  He also moved from Dereham, in his case to Paddington, Middlesex.

Is there any other information regarding the Nicholson's of Dereham?