Author Topic: COTTIER/GRAVES/WATTLEWORTH  (Read 11187 times)

Offline apple123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: COTTIER/GRAVES/WATTLEWORTH
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 July 10 10:41 BST (UK) »
Frances,

Thank you for the information regarding the Presentations I didn't know they existed. Would her sister Mary Ann also have been reported by the church wardens? I'll take a look at your website as suggested. Thank you.

Claire

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 July 10 10:49 BST (UK) »
probably - I selected years to look at and didn't do any in the 1840's but tried the 1850's to see how many - the whole system was falling into disuse by then - was quite surprised how many were still reported though Douglas had it seems given up caring.
use my subject index for presentments
ETA - the Isle of Man is not England - the IGI misreports entries - the actual register usualy reads xx illeg son/daughter of AB & C D
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 July 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
Claire  //                 PARISH   OF    GERMAN-----------------Baptisms

1847/May 7th/ no 53/  John  Illegt. son /  Mary Ann //  Cottier / Peel /  J L Stowell / Vicar

1849/ Feb. 23rd. / no 299 /  Thos. Illegit. son of /   Mary  Cottier /  Peel / J L Stowell / Vicar

1850/ April 19th / no 444 / Thomas Illegit. son of Christian Cottier/  Peel/  J L Stowell /  Vicar.

Offline apple123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 July 10 14:43 BST (UK) »
Voirrey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look up the three Christening records and so quickly as well.

Claire

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 July 10 18:24 BST (UK) »
I had a quick look at the presentments for German between 1846 and 1849 - didn't see Mary Cottier mentioned - however in previous years most of the presentments giving fathers' names were on small pieces of paper (preseumeably copies trhereof) sent by court to the parishes concerned - didn't see these in the bundles but a more thorough look at all sheets in the bundle might help but that will have to wait for some time now.

Offline apple123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 12 July 10 22:05 BST (UK) »
Frances,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look for Mary Cottier in the presentments, that was kind of you.

Claire

Offline Housemartin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 27 November 11 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

A little late but just found the messages.... I have an Elinor Cubbin born abt 1726 who married William Cretney (1723-1771).  Here is a copy of the will.

1771-2 A 43 CRETNEY William shickadow ?;d 10 feb 1771;4 eldest sons thos, john wm + david cretney;4 youngest ch elinor james jane + esther;wife elinor cretney als cubbon;last 3 ch ua...

Other names in the family are Fayle, Quine, Keig, Corlett, Faragher, Oates, Cottier

Kind regards,

Jeanette
Nickson - Liverpool, Cheshire, Cretney - Liverpool, Isle of Man, Martin - Warwickshire, Oxlade - Buckinghamshire, Childe - Buckinghamshire, Phythian - Cheshire, Woodward  - Wales, Derbyshire, Cornwall, Jones - Wales, Farnworth - Lancashire, Peace - Orkney Islands Scotland, Duncan - Glasgow Scotland, Rankin - Middlesex  Esssex, Hallmark/Halfmarke - Cheshire,

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 27 November 11 17:28 GMT (UK) »
it isn't a copy of the will - taken from my website www.manxnotebook.com where explicitly stated as a summary - just  one of over 15,000

Offline JULIO O. COTTIER

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 09 March 12 00:41 GMT (UK) »
JULIO O. COTTIER

Hello  everyone. My name is Julio O. Cottier.  I`m from Mexico. And i decide to  start looking for my Cottier  roots, so i start my investigation to the  mexican customs  recods  froms 1800`s and i found my greath-granfather arrive from  les anglenier , south of france.  i would like  to know how and ho was the Cottier  that arrive there, please if someone knows something about it or a wesite were i can look, i will be grateful to you.

thanks