Author Topic: Help please - Charles Morgan, born about 1878  (Read 7910 times)

Offline amielou86

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help please - Charles Morgan, born about 1878
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 December 15 17:04 GMT (UK) »
I have quite a lot of info I can pass to you on the family. I'm a great,great grandaughter of Charles and his wife Maud.

PM me if needed and ill see what I can dig out

Amie
Prosser - Worcestshire, Newport, Pontypool (http://myprosserfamily.tribalpages.com)
Rees - Glamorganshire, Pontypool
Morgan - Pontypool & Trelleck (http://morganspontypool.tribalpages.com)
Buckley - Tipperary, Waterford, Newport, Pontypool
Ryan - Newport & Pontypool
Jeffreys - Cardiff & Somerset
Martin - Cardiff & Somerset
Perkins - Cardiff, Cambridgeshire
Cutlan - Cardiff, Leicester, Yorkshire

Offline insidecentre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amie.yes iam still looking for any info on Charles and his sons and daughters.one of his sons victor was a bit of a boy,but i cant find any info of marriage or if he had kids.Any help would be great cheers Lee.

Offline amielou86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 20:35 GMT (UK) »
I know brief dates / facts from memory.

He was the son of James Morgan and Mary Thomas (married 1868) from Trelleck up by Monmouth. He married Maud Harvey in 1898 in Pontypool.

My great grandfather Llewellyn (b.1906) was one of 9 children they had. Included in the 9 was Victor and Eva (twins born in 1910) and Beatrice in 1904.

Maud died in 1942 and Charles remarried again quite late in life I believe. Accordino to family, he was quite a stern man and could be quite harsh.

The reason I mentioned the two other children is because they're the only two who I have lots of info on. Victor served a short prison sentence in the late twenties for the attempted murder of Charles at the family farm. Apparently waving a shotgun around to frighten his father, he didn't expect it to go off and Charles was almost killed. I have the full court/newspaper records on my laptop if you would like them.

On his release, he wasn't exactly welcomed home and went to live with his sister Beatrice and her husband William on their farm in Pantygasseg. They also had a lodger (forgot his name). In 1931, there was an incident involving Beatrice and the lodger and he actually attacked her which led to her death. He was tried and sent to prison. Again, Victor plays his part in this story too and I again have all the info if you'd like it. My grandfather always kept Beatrice's picture pride of place at his home.

I will have some free time tomorrow if you want me to email info to you (16 month old daughter doesn't let me peacefully use my own laptop!!!)

The two docs I have are a really good read and its nice to pass it on!!

Amie
Prosser - Worcestshire, Newport, Pontypool (http://myprosserfamily.tribalpages.com)
Rees - Glamorganshire, Pontypool
Morgan - Pontypool & Trelleck (http://morganspontypool.tribalpages.com)
Buckley - Tipperary, Waterford, Newport, Pontypool
Ryan - Newport & Pontypool
Jeffreys - Cardiff & Somerset
Martin - Cardiff & Somerset
Perkins - Cardiff, Cambridgeshire
Cutlan - Cardiff, Leicester, Yorkshire

Offline insidecentre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 17:15 GMT (UK) »
 Thanks Amie

I to have the info on victor what a great read it is.Do you know if he got married and had any kids?any info on beatrice or eva would be great thanks.Also was wondering where you got your info on James being Charles father.I have Charles father as Elijha and mother jane ( i think will have to check ) cheers Lee

Offline Osian Morgan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 01 July 17 00:12 BST (UK) »
What information do you have on Victor Morgan? I am his grand son and am interested to know more about him.