Author Topic: Ancestors of James Devereux 1816, Pembrokeshire, Wales  (Read 3323 times)

Offline mixup mack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestors of James Devereux 1816, Pembrokeshire, Wales
« on: Monday 12 July 10 19:46 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather was James Devereux born 1816. In the 1891, 1861 census he was born in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales. In the 1881 census he was born in Milford, Pembrokeshire, Wales. He married Louisa Neale in Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales in 1838.  They had 6 kids Maryann 1839, Thomas 1843, Jane 1845, William James my great grandfather 1848, Charles 1850 and Francis 1855. I’m looking for any information on James, place of birth father, mother, and siblings. I would by grateful for any information you could provide me.
Thank,
Peter

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of James Devereux 1816, Pembrokeshire, Wales
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 07:52 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather was James Devereux born 1816.

Peter
Is your research in anyway connected with Maggie at ;

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,466927.0.html

My hunch is that you are both related in some form to the mrge's of James and William Devereaux at or of St Brides 1811 and 1817 respectively.

Have you considered that the family moved very early to Swansea area that your James may have been baptised there later than the normal limit of within 6 weeks of birth.

Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline mixup mack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of James Devereux 1816, Pembrokeshire, Wales
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 00:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the quick response Orielbenfro. Yes I do know Maggie. Up to the last few days we thought we were related, but I just got some additional information that leads me to believe that we are no longer. My James Devereux was born in Hasguard Gloucestershire and not Haverfordwest has I thought. He was the son of Thomas and Sarah Perkins. Thomas was the son of Owen and Martha Rees all of Marloes Pembrokeshire. I’ve sent the information to Maggie in case it’s relevant. If you have any information on the Devereux of Marloes or Saint Brides I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for looking in to this for me
Peter