Author Topic: Offer: History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton  (Read 58413 times)

Offline paulanthony262003

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pinxton and South Normanton
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Trevor,

I just found your post.  I have relatives from both these villages.  If your offer is still standing then could you look up the following families for me please.

COTTON, JUBBIE, PRATT, WARDLE.

I am mostly interested in any details for these families from the last 111 years.

Regards
Paul

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul, Yes the offer still stands. I also have the Pinxton  Parish registers of baptisms, burials and marriages. Would you like some look ups in those.  Regards Trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor,
Yes please, very kind of you!  If it is okay with you then i shall p.m. you some more specific details,
many thanks
Paul

Offline searchlight

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 04 December 11 17:16 GMT (UK) »
A lot of my ancestors seem to live around Pinxton and Sth Normanton 17-1800 the main name is Bamford and Cutts any look with those. I`m new to this so hope I`v done this right.

SEARCHLIGHT :)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 04 December 11 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Searchlight

My Bamford family also came from Pinxton / South Normanton
area.  I also have several Cutts in my tree from the same area.

Who are you looking for?

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 04 December 11 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paulanthony,  I will have a look in my book and come back to you. I also have the Pinxton Parish register transcripts if you need any look ups from those.  regards trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline SC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 04 December 11 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trevor Paul

I just came across this thread and wondered if there are any interesting mentions in your day to day history of Pinxton on George Evans son of Thomas Evans 1799 and Mary Stenson
George was b 1827 married Elizabeth Watson and they had several children all born around Heath, Holm Wood and Pinxton
I have some info on the family but no specific baptism dates other than George's siblings and parents
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks, SC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 05 December 11 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trevor Paul,

Thank you very much.  Could you possibly do one more look up for me please in the records for St Helens for the surname of JAQUES /JACQUES ?  I have tried emailing the website: http://www.related2u.co.uk/ but I am not getting any reply back. I wonder if the look up service offerred on the website has been withdrawn.

Regards,
Paul

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 01 April 12 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Trevor,

Was wondering if your offer is still open for look-ups in your book and parish records.  I'm looking for any info on Cornelius Cowlishaw a Shoolmaster of South Normanton who was killed in 1770.

Thank you so much if you can help but no worry if you cannot.

Nottsgirl1
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;