Author Topic: Heir Hunters  (Read 20193 times)

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
Re: Heir Hunters
« Reply #63 on: Friday 27 March 15 09:30 GMT (UK) »
David has been an absolute Star with out him working for the firm we would never be where we are today. He signed more heirs and solved more cases than any one else in the industry. With out him I don't think I would ever be a partner here.

Thanks of the messages and I will pass them all on.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 27 March 15 09:54 GMT (UK) »
I hope he has a long and happy retirement. Tell him if he gets bored, to look in on RootsChat - he might be able to help people break down a few brick walls.  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 27 March 15 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Good point groom. Best Wishes to David P. It would be a real shame if Fraser and Fraser dropped out. It would be good if the production company took on board the genealogical enthusiasts comments, recognising that they want new people to watch the programme too. I think we here have all learnt things as a result of the Heir Hunter series.
North East of England

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 27 March 15 13:51 GMT (UK) »
I love Heir Hunters - but please please please could the background music - (particularly the pianist ...) be toned down a bit.  Like a lot of programmes of late the background music is too intrusive.

Yes it is & sometimes makes it very difficult to hear what's being said particularly with each having different accents  ::)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 27 March 15 21:49 GMT (UK) »
I hope he has a long and happy retirement. Tell him if he gets bored, to look in on RootsChat - he might be able to help people break down a few brick walls.  ;D

I'll second that....what an asset he would be to the Rootschat.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Margarett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 30 March 15 13:17 BST (UK) »
I've really enjoyed this series. I would also like to wish David P. a long and happy retirement.
I agree with the comments about background music ( if you can call it music!) being too loud. The episode where someone was being interviewed with the background of a P&O cruise liner was ruined for me by not being able to hear what was being said.

Offline Beeonthebay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 03 March 16 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Think it is an American programme

http://video.pbs.org/program/finding-your-roots/

Is there a way for us to watch this in the UK as I keep getting this error message:

We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions.
Williams, Owens, Pritchard, Povall, Banks, Brown.