Author Topic: Census Look Up Please JANE HAMILTON in Nova Scotia  (Read 6518 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Census Look Up Please JANE HAMILTON in Nova Scotia
« Reply #18 on: Friday 16 July 10 17:42 BST (UK) »
I just found this thread,  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,467767.0.html so Punch is looking for Jane Hamilton Cox...(I found her without knowing that). Also we stated throughout that all would need to be proven, didn't we? J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 17 July 10 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry for a tardy response but life was a bit hectic today for me. After doing some further research I am fairly sure that this is the correct family. According to my neighbor who I am researching for she has no history of her ancestors being miners, but she does recall Sydney Mines was home to them since the originals immigrated from Ireland. The Jane Hamilton that I seek was married to William R. Cox. She has mentioned that this William R. Cox built a church in Sydney Mines which was replacing one that had previously burned down. From the one set of marriage details on familysearch and according to census records it would appear that the parents of William R. Cox were Richard Cox and Rebecca Denny. Rebecca's father, William Denny, is living with John & Eliza in the 1871 census. Richard and Rebecca (Rebecca is listed living with William & Jane in the 1871 Sydney Mines census) had at least 3 sons - John (b. 1830 Nova Scotia married to Eliza "Lisa" Burke), Michael (b. 1833 Sydney Mines, NS married to Mary Oram) and our William R. (b. 1835). All 3 sons were farmers living next to each other in the 1871 census.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 31 July 10 01:34 BST (UK) »
Best to give more information next time   :D  Glad that we found the right family despite...
If we hadn't I suppose I could have said  "BILL JEROE DID IT" ( referenced from earlier slang posting) ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com