Author Topic: Jane Aubin  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Aubin
« on: Tuesday 20 July 10 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi could I have the birth and parent details of Jane Aubin born abt 1669 Jersey. Jane married John Amy abt 1687. Thanks heaps

Offline Big Nelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Aubin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 July 10 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

Hope you won't be put out by this but I am looking for information on the Aubin family and the Lamb family to whom they appear to be related.

The connection appears to be the Wines and Spirits trade.

In the 1861 Newcastle Census Lilla Louisa Lamb, described as married to a Wines and Spirits merchant, who is not on the census form although she is not described as a widow, has in residence one ?(N/H/W) Hunter Aubin, described as a nephew and born in Jersey, working in a wines and spirits office.

Lilla's husband was Frederic Holmes Lamb born in Newcastle upon Tyne and his father Warren Maude Lamb, although born in Ryton County Durham, is found in the 1841 St Saviour Belvedere census along with his daughter Sarah.

There is a family story that the son of Frederic Holmes Lamb, Wentworth Lamb, lived in Jersey or Alderney for a period in the 1920s or 1930s having also been in the wines and spirits trade in Newcastle.

My assumption is a marriage connection to the Aubin family via the trade link.

I am hoping for a connection to Lambs Navy Rum!   

All information gratefully received.

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 July 10 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa

The best I can come up with is a baptism on 3rd Sep 1669 at St Saviours for a Jenne Aubin. Father was an Abraham but no mother is mentioned. Godparents were Philippe Aubin and Margarety de Carteret.

Stewart

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 July 10 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewart
I have a copy of the Amy family tree prepaired by Payne. In it he states that the father of Jane or Jeanne was Jean Aubin. The date is a bit of a guess. Jeanne married Jean Amy abt 1687. The Amy's typically come from around the Grouville area so this might help? Jeanne is a bit of a mystery although I think the family were in there numbers of the island at around this time. Lisa

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 July 10 20:53 BST (UK) »
Sorry Big Nelly I don't know anything about your request. My connection with the Aubin family was around 1665-1669. So sorry can't help