Author Topic: Searching for a marriage for Edward Cameron about 1811Completed  (Read 3813 times)

Online wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Searching for a marriage for Edward Cameron about 1811Completed
« on: Tuesday 20 July 10 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    I am looking  for a marriage for Edward Cameron, born about ,1789, Egremont, Cumbria.
The first child that I have is Margaret b 1812, Cleaton ?Then the next two, William 1814 and Edward 1815
born at Egremont. Family records indicate that the spouse may be Elizabeth Bell.
   I would expect a marriage may be about 1811 at either Egremont or Cleaton, ( that may be Cleator ).
The parents for the children are Edward and Elizabeth.
   I am in Australia and can't do a look up and have failed to find anything on the internet.
Any help would be very much appreciated. In later Census Edward gives his occupation as butcher and his parents were Edward Cameron and Margaret at Egremont.
  Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar

Online wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for a marriage for Edward Cameron about 1811
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 August 10 23:05 BST (UK) »
Robert13
 Thank you for contacting me with the marriage details for Edward Cammeron and Elizabeth Bell 10 Nov 1811 at Egremont and also for the baptisms for William 5 Oct 1813 and also Edward 4 Aug 1815.
  I appreciate your efforts in looking up the records for me
 Wyanga
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 

Offline Burnthwaite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for a marriage for Edward Cameron about 1811Completed
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 October 10 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I would assume that by now you are aware that Edward & Margaret had more children at Church style in Gosforth ?

Nev.

Online wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 October 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
Burnthwaite.
    Thank you Nev, that was Edward and Elizabeth, having the children at Church Style, that Edward is a son of the Edward and Margaret at Egremont. He also had children at Cleator, Moor Row and Haile. He also managed to fit in 3 marriages before he died in 1867 in Gosforth.
  Thank you Nev for your interest and help.
 Wyanga

Offline seeker64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 04:56 BST (UK) »
Hi There
I have an Edward Cameron who was married to an Elizabeth Bell in Cumberland. They were meant to be the parents of Joseph who was born about 1831 (who married in 1854 and then went to Australia and then NZ - he married Louisa Feltoe)
Do you know when Elizabeth died and who Edward remarried, I can find an Edward and an Eleanor getting married but no Elizabeth. Family search has a Mary child of Edward and Betsy - is this the same family
Thanks

Online wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 06:13 BST (UK) »
seeker64
              Hi you might have just solved the mystery of what happened to Joseph Cameron.
 Joseph was baptised 30 th jun 1827 at Gosforth Cumberland.
 He and a brother Peter were in Australia from their Aunt Mary Goodfellow's will. I have been unable to find any trace of a Joseph in Australia except for a death on the goldfields that I thought may have been him. Peter arrived in Melbourne 4th Oct 1852 aboard the Wanata. He had 5 children in Victoria then the family went to Greymouth in new Zealand where he died about 1871. ( there are two deaths within a couple of years and I am not sure which was him ) His family returned to Melbourne.
  To get back to your question Edward Cameron married Elizabeth Bell 1811 Egremont Cumberland.
They had 9 children and Elizabeth died 11 Mar 1829 at Gosforth Cumberland.
  Edward remarried Ann Long 13th Oct 1832 at Gosforth, only she also died 7th dec 1832.
 Edward remarried a third time to Eleanor Mossop 10 May 1837. She was a widow having been previously married to Peter Mossop. Her maiden name was Benson. She was the daughter of Jacob Benson and  Elizabeth Heterington.
   Edward and Elizabeth did have a daughter Mary bap 2nd feb 1822
 If you have details for Joseph, his marriage and children I would love to have the details
 my email is *
 Wyanga
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php