Author Topic: Harrons/Arnold Ballintra  (Read 9001 times)

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harrons/Arnold Ballintra
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat

I see the birth of  Alexander Harron 15 January 1868, Laghey, Donegal, father Thomas Harron, mother Mary Watson, link to birth here on family search site, also a posssible twin brother Andrew from same site, don't know why there was a 2 day delay in registering the births!:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/93LX-F6J/p1

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/93LX-DGG/p1

also the birth Elizabeth born in the parish in 1864, also daughter Mary recorded in same parish in 1872

Regards
Joe

McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline candycups

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat & Joe
The only Harron's I know about which were born in Laghy were:-
George D.O.B. 20-2-1879  and William D.O.B. 9-5-1891.  It says their parents were James & Catherine Harron (nee McCrea).  Don't think this is correct.
My grandmother Mary Jane Harron's parents were James & Catherine. All her siblings were born in Drumhome.
Elizabeth D.O.B. 27-11-1862 Mary D.O.B. 4-11-1864 (my Grandmother)
Robert 14-11-1866 Joseph 4-4-1869 Catherine 12-5-1871
Margaret 24-4-1874 Rebecca 1-5-1876 Ellen 31-3-1881 William 21-10-1884
Phoebe 25-3-1887 Fanny 11-4-1889
Don't know if this is any help to you.
Regards Ruth

Offline violet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth and Joe

Thanks for coming back to me.  My actual Harron line is Fanny Harron born 1853 to a Robert Harron of Ballynakillew/Shannagh.    Fanny married a Robert McClay/McCrea he was born c1844.   His parents were Joeseph McClay and Elizabeth Harron.  I found there marriage in the Drumhome records and whilst it is now McClay in the records at Drumhome its McCrea.   I  can find no records of any of the children.  I am coming to the conclussion that they were baptisted in Laghey and a lot of there records were destroyed.  Can find nothing on any of the family prior to the 1850's.  I am going to Dublin to see if I can find anything in the Estate papers of Thomas Conolly as I know they farmed on the Ballyshannon estate.

I am trying for Alexander because he had a daughter born 1930 and I was the spitting image of her.  so she must have been a close relation.

One day hopefully something will come to light.

Many thanks
Pat

Offline candycups

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat
Found William Harron D.O.B. 9-5-1891 Born in Laghy. Said his parents were
James and Catherine Harron. Catherine was nee McCrea. Do not believe he fits into our family line. (Just like George 20-2-1879)
Hope you find what you want in Dublin.
Best of luck.
Ruth

Offline candycups

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 11:52 BST (UK) »
Sorry Pat. Silly me, already told you about William.
Cheers Ruth

Offline Laura Brymer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 May 13 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
My name is Laura and I am related to the Arnolds of Ballintra hope you are still using this site as I only joined up yesterday James Arnold saddler was my great grandfather is daughter Rebbeca May was my grandmother hope to hear from you sometime in the future.
regards
Laura

Offline violet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 May 13 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Laura

Elizabeth Ellen Harron nee Arnold died in England 1941 a few years after her daughter.  Her husband Alex was my brothers god-father.  Trying to find out what happened to her husband Alex. did he return to Ireland.   

Pat

Offline Laura Brymer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 May 13 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat,
I don't know what happened to Alex and I never met Aunt Lily as she died ten years before I was born strange thing they were married the same date as I was with my first marriage, where do you live Pat I live in Belfast and heading to Ballintra in July with my cousin to see if the minister would let us have a look through Drumholm  church records did you ever meet Lily.
Laura

Offline violet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 27 May 13 06:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

I live in England but hope to be in Belfast in August/September as I am wanting to go to PRONI.  Perhaps we could meet up? I have seen the records in Drumhome, Rev Russell is very helpful, although I am still waiting for a copy of a cert for a McClay/Harron marriage.  All the Drumhome records are on computer so if its something in particular then give him a call.  I usually give him a donation.

I am away now for a couple of weeks.  Hope to make contact and exchange notes when I get back.

I have death certs for Elizabeth and their daughter Francis.  Plus Elizabeth and Alex's marriage cert.

Regards
Pat