Author Topic: RUSSELL & BLACK families - Torpichen  (Read 1620 times)

Offline normabakker46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RUSSELL & BLACK families - Torpichen
« on: Friday 23 July 10 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am researching the families of James Russell & Janet Black. They married in June 1836 in Torphichen.  His occupation is given as an Underground Contractor. Any information on these families would be greatly appreciated.  However, I am particularly interested in a holding at the West Lotihan Council Library in the family history section.  Apparently there is a holding there which is and I quote
"Card showing Christ Church, South Yarra, Australia : Sent by a descendent of Alice Webb Russell : brief information on the family connection with Torphichen."  The Copy/Holding information shows that it is checked in the the Local History, Local Collection under Call No. T1.105A. 
Alice Webb Russell is a daughter of James & Janet who emigrated to Australia and is my great grandmother.  Needless to say I am more than interested in what is on the card and who donated it.  I have emailed the library but not had any response.  I was wondering if someone who is a member of the library would mind having a look at the card and telling me what is on it or, better still, scan it and email it to me.  Thanks, Norma Bakker